Solved

printed passes

• 29 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, my family and I are travelling around Europe in September and October, we have purchased global pass. I was wondering when it says print at home pass, do you actually need to. We are travelling from Australia and won't have access to printer(can't bring 1 either). We have a couple of set dates in France, Germany and Austria done but we are being flexible in Italy and just looking at doing day trips from Florence but some trains are reservation. Is the email enough?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Al_G 29 August 2023, 21:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There is no such thing as a print at home pass.

You have either bought a mobile pass which is part of the Eurail app for Android or Apple phones or you have bought a paper pass which is printed on official paper and in Australia would have to be posted or couriered to you.

If you are talking about seat reservations then “print at home” can generally just be displayed as a PDF on your phone or from the liked of DB or OBB displayed in their apps if bought from them directly.

for more details on reservations see this topic.

Yes thank you, when purchasing reservations style tickets, say for instance, Florence to piza normal train, but the change for La Spezia is a reservations only( print at home) ticket.

Thank you good to know pdf all good 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes thank you, when purchasing reservations style tickets, say for instance, Florence to piza normal train, but the change for La Spezia is a reservations only( print at home) ticket.

Thank you good to know pdf all good 

If you are travelling on a Eurail pass then the pass IS your ticket. You have no other ticket to buy.

On some trains (such as the Regional trains from Florence to Pisa and some onwards regional trains to La Spezia) you cannot reserve seats, you just add the trains to your pass and travel

On other trains (such as the InterCity trains to La Spezia) you are required to obtain reservations as well as your pass.

In other countries such as Austria, Germany, Switzerland there are mostly non-compulsory reservation trains on long distance routes, on these you can just use your pass as the ticket by sitting in any unreserved seat or only if you wish obtain reservations for a small fee.