Solved

problems booking passes online

Userlevel 1
Badge

We are travelling to Europe in August and I am having trouble paying online for my passes. I have called my credit card issuer and they said everything is fine and that I haven’t put through an attempt on their end. I don’t understand. Anyone have similar problems?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 12 June 2023, 23:24

View original

69 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Where does it say that? I’m sorry I’m such a pain but I really do appreciate your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

(Checked train times On the DB app / bahn.com) 

No worries. It's already confusing for Europeans, let alone Canadians not used to taking train services. :) The European Union has still a lot of work to do simplyfying international train bookings ;) 

The only way to book Paris- Stuttgart online is this website, nothing else:

https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Because the page you’re on (https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish) only works for such journeys.

EDIT : For people living outside Europe, use : https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations#/

Userlevel 1
Badge

That is a whole other website. I have our global passes on eurail.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That is a whole other website. I have our global passes on eurail.com

Use Eurail, not Interrail (For Europeans only, my bad)

https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok that’s what I thought, that’s why I was using it. Phew!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was just about ready to book on that site

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Then book Paris - Stuttgart there and let us know how much it costs. Should be 19€ per person (17€ + 2€ booking fee).

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am looking at €95 for all 5 which works out to $139 CAD and the rest of the journey hop ons. It would be another $59CAD to book a reservation for Stuttgart to munich

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am looking at €95 for all 5 which works out to $139 CAD and the rest of the journey hop ons. It would be another $59CAD to book a reservation for Stuttgart to munich

Stuttgart to Munich in 1st class can be booked free of charge on tickets.oebb.at: add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then choose "One-way tickets” (NOT "Seat reservation only”). In the next step, select 1st class.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Where do I find this discount?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As explained earlier (you were on the right page at some point) : go to tickets.oebb.at and follow rvdborgt’s advice. This website works for journeys in many countries, including Germany, Austria, Czechia, Hungary,…

It will be the place to book Rosenheim - Frankfurt - Brussels too (all free of charge).

Userlevel 1
Badge

There’s just been so much info and I know this is getting annoying and repetitive I have figured it out and added all the discounts but how do I know which rosenheim I chose? And I’m assuming central Brussels

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's Rosenheim in Oberbayern.

For Brussels, choose either Zuid/Midi or Noord/Nord. The ICEs from Germany don't serve the central station.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You might have to split the booking because OBB often can’t handle multiple trains. I'd recommend this route with only 1 change :

• IC Rosenheim - Frankfurt (Main) Hbf 09:02 - 13:40
  • ICE Frankfurt (Main) Hbf - Bruxelles-Midi 14:26 - 17:35

There would be more options by taking a regional train to Munich first and then an ICE (high-speed) train to Frankfurt.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok so this is what I have done

SCNB London to Paris direct Aug 7

paris to Stuttgart via karlsruhe, ICE eurail.com

hop on ICE 1065 from karlsruhe to stuttgart

stuttgart to Munich ICE OEB

hop on from munich to rosenheim aug 10

aug 18 rosenheim to munich OEB ICE

1st class and reservation for each leg

munich to frankfurt

Frankfurt to Brussels midi

brussel to Bruges hop on train IC 539 (eurail)

now

Brussels to London (eurail?)

of course to Bruges to Brussels or illes first hop on 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Very nice summary :)

Karlsruhe - Stuttgart can be done free of charge on ÖBB. Although you can always hop on, like all trains in Germany (and other countries), it's best to secure a seat if you want to all be together.

Btw if whatever delay were to happen on a German train, you can always make new last-minute seat reservations free of charge through ÖBB. But hopefully all trains will be on time !

Brussels/Lille - London should be done on the same page as London - Paris : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Do not hesitate for further questions, as usual. :) Enjoy your trip !

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Brussels to London (eurail?)

of course to Bruges to Brussels or illes first hop on 

I’lld suggest you go to Brussels for the Eurostar, when coming from Bruges.This avoids you an extra switch (in a station that’s not super accessible and switching stations in Lille), and you have more facilities when waiting during the Eurostar Secutainment procedures in Brussel-Zuid/Bruxelles-Midi than in Lille Europe.(And more frequent trains to Brussels, from Bruges. About 3 per hour off-peak)

Travel time will be the same anyway.

Userlevel 1
Badge

You guys ROCK! There is no way I could have ever pulled this off without you. Everything is all booked and let’s hope everything runs smooth.