Solved

problems booking passes online

Userlevel 1
Badge

We are travelling to Europe in August and I am having trouble paying online for my passes. I have called my credit card issuer and they said everything is fine and that I haven’t put through an attempt on their end. I don’t understand. Anyone have similar problems?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 12 June 2023, 23:24

View original

69 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

OMG! I have went as far as the consierge to book these tickets with no help. I’ve changed all the settings in my computer. I’ve downloaded and used different browsers, called my bank numerous times, messaged the community (which is very useful for my next frustrating and mind boggling quest) and everyone has been magnificent and so very helpful and I am trying to be optimistic. I used PayPal. Typed my card in and said pay and it went through. I received an email from eurail for confirmation and I’m still in disbelief. I am eagerly awaiting an email that says something went wrong! Now onto the reservations 🙄😖😭

thank you everyone. I’m sure it’s not the last you heard of me

Userlevel 1
Badge

You guys ROCK! There is no way I could have ever pulled this off without you. Everything is all booked and let’s hope everything runs smooth. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You might have to split the booking because OBB often can’t handle multiple trains. I'd recommend this route with only 1 change :

• IC Rosenheim - Frankfurt (Main) Hbf 09:02 - 13:40
  • ICE Frankfurt (Main) Hbf - Bruxelles-Midi 14:26 - 17:35

There would be more options by taking a regional train to Munich first and then an ICE (high-speed) train to Frankfurt.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok so this is what I have done

SCNB London to Paris direct Aug 7

paris to Stuttgart via karlsruhe, ICE eurail.com

hop on ICE 1065 from karlsruhe to stuttgart

stuttgart to Munich ICE OEB

hop on from munich to rosenheim aug 10

aug 18 rosenheim to munich OEB ICE

1st class and reservation for each leg

munich to frankfurt

Frankfurt to Brussels midi

brussel to Bruges hop on train IC 539 (eurail)

now

Brussels to London (eurail?)

of course to Bruges to Brussels or illes first hop on 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Brussels to London (eurail?)

of course to Bruges to Brussels or illes first hop on 

I’lld suggest you go to Brussels for the Eurostar, when coming from Bruges.This avoids you an extra switch (in a station that’s not super accessible and switching stations in Lille), and you have more facilities when waiting during the Eurostar Secutainment procedures in Brussel-Zuid/Bruxelles-Midi than in Lille Europe.(And more frequent trains to Brussels, from Bruges. About 3 per hour off-peak)

Travel time will be the same anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry, what is TVG?

TGV: French high speed train

Is there certain stations we have to leave from to get to another country? ei. London to Paris, Paris to Rosenheim?

Just use www.bahn.com to find timetables.

What about the ferry from Dover to Calais? Is that a good option?

I'd only use that if you can't get a Eurostar reservation. It takes a lot of time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@thibcabe when I book, can I put London to Paris or do I have to book a stop inbetween and use another train or does it do that for me? 
do I have to book everyone single or does it matter with the age difference. Our kids are between 12-26

Seat reservations cost the same for everyone. For London to Paris, the best website is:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

You can just enter London to Paris.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can’t book trains from France to Germany through bahn.com. Please use either eurail.com (2€ booking fee) or call SNCF (no fee). It’s great if it only costs 17€ (+ 2€) in 1st class nowadays. Then definitely choose a direct train to Stuttgart, there are a few ones per day : 06:55, 10:55, 13:55, 15:55 (direct to Munich) and 17:55.

Trains to Germany leave from Paris-Est

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does tgv mean from the airport in Paris? I’m typing in stuttgart but it’s not giving me any options either

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m in eurail.com trying to get a reservation from Paris east to stuttgart and it is not giving me an option of Stuttgart 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I’m in eurail.com trying to get a reservation from Paris east to stuttgart and it is not giving me an option of Stuttgart 

Which date you're checking at? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No, TGV means Train à Grande Vitesse or high-speed train. They run from many stations, including Paris Charles-de-Gaulle Airport (CDG).

As said you cannot book trains between France and Germany through bahn.com. Use one of either option above.

I’m in eurail.com trying to get a reservation from Paris east to stuttgart and it is not giving me an option of Stuttgart.” → there are engineering works on a few dates and trains do not stop in Stuttgart. Instead they use alternative stations like Esslingen. What is your travel date ?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Aug 10

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Trains run to Stuttgart that day so I’m not sure what you’re doing wrong. Are you on the seat reservations page on eurail.com ?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

<screenshot>

That's the page where you can book French domestic reservations only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Aug 10

Direct trains at leaving Paris-Est at 06:55 (ICE), 10:55 (ICE) , 13:55 (TGV) , 15:55 (TGV) , 17:55 (TGV) . Taking 3h10 to get to Stuttgart. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Where does it say that? I’m sorry I’m such a pain but I really do appreciate your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

(Checked train times On the DB app / bahn.com) 

No worries. It's already confusing for Europeans, let alone Canadians not used to taking train services. :) The European Union has still a lot of work to do simplyfying international train bookings ;) 

The only way to book Paris- Stuttgart online is this website, nothing else:

https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Because the page you’re on (https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish) only works for such journeys.

EDIT : For people living outside Europe, use : https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations#/

Userlevel 1
Badge

That is a whole other website. I have our global passes on eurail.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That is a whole other website. I have our global passes on eurail.com

Use Eurail, not Interrail (For Europeans only, my bad)

https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok that’s what I thought, that’s why I was using it. Phew!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was just about ready to book on that site

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Then book Paris - Stuttgart there and let us know how much it costs. Should be 19€ per person (17€ + 2€ booking fee).