Solved

Problems with Interrail Pass Duration

• 19 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I am from Germany and I received a EU flex pass in April this year through the Discover EU program. Now I am planning on doing a trip next year in February or March. But the problem is that I am only allowed to activate my pass till January 29th 2023 according to the "Rail Planner" app. But as I got the pass in April 2022, shouldn’t I be able to activate it till Mai 2023, right? Even my travel buddy, with whom I registered at the same time, got it verified till Mai. 2023 Now I wondered whether this can even be correct and how this can be changed...? 

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Ilka Stein

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 August 2022, 13:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Interrail passes are able to be validated for 11 months from date of issue. Once validated within that time they can be used for the full pass duration.

That means you can start your pass on 29 Jan and use until 28 Feb.

Any issues would probably need to be taken up with the DiscoverEu program.

Yeah, I received a pass in April. Therefore, I should be able to activate it till April 2023. But my app says that the last date I can activate it is January 29th, which is three months less. That‘s my problem 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Please get in touch with #DiscoverEU Team, they can help you. 

Send them an email or ask in the official Facebook Group of #DiscoverEU. 

Hello,

I am from Germany and I received a EU flex pass in April this year through the Discover EU program. Now I am planning on doing a trip next year in February or March. But the problem is that I am only allowed to activate my pass till January 29th 2023 according to the "Rail Planner" app. But as I got the pass in April 2022, shouldn’t I be able to activate it till Mai 2023, right? Even my travel buddy, with whom I registered at the same time, got it verified till Mai. 2023 Now I wondered whether this can even be correct and how this can be changed...? 

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Ilka Stein

Hello Ilka! Thanks for your question! You can activate your Pass up to 11 months after purchase. You can see the deadline for the activation date in your confirmation email. If you choose to activate your Pass for example in April, it will be valid for the period you have chosen to travel (eg X days in a month). Please send me a DM and I can check this for you!

Kind regards,

Annie