Solved

Proof of UK residency with e-visa

• 17 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I’m a German student residing in the UK on a tier 4 student visa. Over Christmas, I want to travel to Germany (and some other countries) using an Interrail Global Pass. When booking the ticket, the form asked for my country of residence. My residence country is the UK, yet, I read in the T&C that I would need to prove my residence at some point. 

As an EU citizen, I only have digital proof, an e-visa, to prove my residence in the UK. I also have an official document from the German authorities confirming my de-registration from my old residence and indicating my new residence in the UK. However, I don’t have physical proof from the UK authorities of my residence. 

In related threads, people suggested setting the country of residence to the country of citizenship (in my case Germany) instead. However, I want the one outbound and one inbound journey to apply to my actual country of residence, i.e., the UK.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue and found a solution? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 November 2022, 16:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hallo, dies alles hat also NUR Bedeutung wenn du eine sehr schlaue  DB-Schaffner trifft die bemerkt das du ja mehr als die anders normale Aus+Einreise mit deine Pass macht. Denn in alle andere Länder hat es keine Bedeutung.

Als DE weisst du bestimmt selber am besten wie gerne mann dort mit Papier/Doku und Bescheinigungen usw. das Leben versauen kann. MMN sollte da etwas offizielles aus DE das bestätigt das du dort ja im Mo nicht wohnt genügen. Aber ich bin ja keine DB (oder ODEG/BRB usw) Schaffner.

Daneben habe ich bis jetzt auch noch nie eine Mobilpass benuzt (wenn auch eine bestellt + bezahlt ist und nun auf Öffnen wartet)-also weiss ich nie wie klar das alles eigenlich zu sehen ist dabei.

Bis 14/11 hatte ich eine 3 -MOn Papierpass und bin damit so etwa 70 tage auch verreist in 15 Länder-in total 3 x nach ID gefragt- 1x davon war IM Bhf in ESpana beim Buchen von RES.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When the e-visa is an official document issued by the UK government (which I suppose it is), then that should be enough proof of your residency.