Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I have a doubt regarding what interrail passes include in terms of ferrys and public transport.

I have seen a table where it is possible to see the transport companies that work in each country:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/railway-companies

For instance, I have seen that the company called “Entur” is included. The name of the company is located in the cokumn that corresponds to “Train companies”. However, Entur also have ferrys, will I have the possibility to get the discount even if the name of the company (Entur) is not written in the column of Discounted ferry companies?

Thank you in advance.

@Nanja@Felipe.iturrieta  Maybe update the information page 🙂 as Entur is just the state owned ticket seller in Norway for public transport similar ATOC(National Rail Brand) in UK

@norway_trip 
Entur is according my information no railcompany it´s just the Offical (State owned) reseller of Ticket´s in Norway on behalf for the different Companies VY(former NSB), SJ Norge (operates for example the Route Bodo - Trondheim) or Go Ahead Norge.

Means you have to stick to real train companies listed. Eurail currently collect their Informations in a new Benefitsportal

In NO you can only use trains for ´free´=still must make REServations (also not clearly stated in the info) for ALL long-dist trains and pay some 30 NOK (I think) to do that. It used to be all NSB, then they made it a modern name VY, and then the govmt of the time contracted some lines out and other train companies came-just like has happened in so many countries.

Some ferries, mostly to/fro Danmark give discount with pass.

NO is quite expensive, for all forms of transport, but there are age discounts.

@seewulf, Sebas: ATOC also does not exist since quite some time. there are various other ticket sellers, including all operating train companies in the UK. Read more on trainforums.co.uk

@mcadv  Yeah sorry 😃 RDG, ATOC it´s confusing but i have already struggles to know my Company 😃 DB and Arriva with all their short curts :D

@seewulf you're right! Thanks for flagging. We've updated the information page.