Solved

QR code never scanning

Hey everyone, the title says it all. I’ll add journeys to my trip, then add them to the pass, but whenever I pull the pass up the QR code is never recognized. This has happened in multiple countries at every step: the ticketing area, on the train, etc. does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 21 August 2022, 16:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you have the latest app version? It should be 23.2.0, check under More and scroll to the bottom.

In which multiple countries was that?

Thanks for the reply. Yep, I’m on 23.2.0. Happened in England and most recently in France. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have no experience yet with he mobile pass in England but in France it should work. Although last year, there were a few complaints from some users that ticket inspectors’ equipment couldn't read it.

You could send a QR code screenshot to customer service to ask if there's anything wrong with it. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any scanning app that can read these QR codes so we could verify ourselves.

I have no experience yet with he mobile pass in England but in France it should work. Although last year, there were a few complaints from some users that ticket inspectors’ equipment couldn't read it.

You could send a QR code screenshot to customer service to ask if there's anything wrong with it. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any scanning app that can read these QR codes so we could verify ourselves.

I did see a few similar posts after posting my initial topic but the majority of resolutions seemed to be through customer service like you said. I’ve reached out and I guess we’ll just see what happens. Thanks so much for the assistance. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Certain countries’ scanning equipment is unable to read our QR-codes. The most notable of these is England. In such cases, the conductor should know that a visual inspection is sufficient to confirm that the pass is in order for travel. You're welcome to reach out to us should you run into any troubles while traveling.