Solved

Questions about Trip and Journeys and Tickets

Hi Eurail Community

I apologize if I ask too many questions. I am new to this trip planner and I just bought two Global Mobile Pass - one for my me and one for my wife and I have added both Pass into my Eurail App currently installed in my i-phone. So in my i-phone there are 2 Passes now. 
We are targeting to visit Europe in August this year.

So, here is my situation. I have created in my Eurail App a total of 2 Trips - one named for me and one named for my wife. After activation of these Passes, I will now use the planner to look for journeys and then save these journeys to each of the two Passes and then connect these journeys to each of the two Passes. Only then will we get a Ticket (barcode ticket). Can I save multiple journeys to my Trip and duplicate those journeys to my Wife’s Trip? And then, will each journeys in my Trip and will each journeys in my Wife’s Trip be ticketed individually per journey like one ticket for departure and another ticket for the return (example for 1-day August 12 journeys—“departure”Frankfurt to Cologne should be one ticket and then “return” Cologne to Frankfurt is another ticket? 

Thanks for any coaching and tips.

icon

Best answer by Sven 5 May 2022, 01:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

AFAIK there's currently no function to copy journeys from one trip to another.

There's one "ticket” generated per travel day. Although it may be the case that the content of that ticket is changed when you add another journey to that travel day. In any case, all trains that you have added will appear in readable format underneath the barcode.

Please note that it is not necessary to activate travel days in advance. it's better not to, because if you change plans and forget to cancel a travel day, then you loose it. You can only cancel a travel day before it starts at midnight CET (CEST in summer).

So rvdborgt, what is the DUPLICATE function? Have you use that before? 

So there should be one barcode ticket for multiple trains (multiple journeys) happening in one travel day? And those trains (journeys) will be listed under the barcoded ticket? Will it also say the time depart / time arrive, depart station and arrive station and the platform number? Just a quesiton

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So rvdborgt, what is the DUPLICATE function? Have you use that before?

It doesn't exist… would be nice to have.

So there should be one barcode ticket for multiple trains (multiple journeys) happening in one travel day?

Correct

And those trains (journeys) will be listed under the barcoded ticket?

Yes they will.

Will it also say the time depart / time arrive, depart station and arrive station and the platform number?

Except for the platform number.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@rvdborgt 

Hmmm, I presume you also see the function, duplicate, in your railplanner app?

For my humble knowledge :

If you use the function, duplicate, then I see the option afterwards to add this copied trip to another pass. So, then it seems possible to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hmmm, I presume you also see the function, duplicate, in your railplanner app?

Right, so they've added some functionality, I hadn't noticed yet, thanks :)

Thank you

So then the next inevitable question is this: If there is a DUPLICATE function, and I have a Trip name created one for me and one for my wife (say for example : first trip named “Nathan’s Trip”, second trip named “Raquel’s Trip”. Will all the journeys / trains I added on the “Nathan’s Trip” be also duplicated into the “Raquel’s Trip” and also each barcoded Tickets per Day under “Nathan’s Trip 2022” be also duplicated into the “Raquel’s Trip”? In short, Will all the barcoded Tickets generated under one trip be duplicated under the other trip with the use of the said DUPLICATE function?