Solved

[Rail Planner App Feedback] Travel days and "outbound/inbound" travel days

• 3 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

just a quick feedback for the great Rail Planner app since I found it confusing that travel days are shown next to outbound/inbound days used like this:

This may lead to people (at least me ;)) thinking that they have 7 travel days and in addition to that also one outbound and one inbound travel day. Of course, this clears up once you’ve added your first ticket, however I was confused at first and thought: yeah, that’s great, I must have missed this on the website that outbound/inbound travel days are on top (which they are not).

Possible solutions

• Maybe an info button next to the text “outbound/inbound” would do. It could explain what these days mean and that there are a subset of the travel days.
  • Maybe another representation would be better, e.g. some nested layout, but I don’t really have an idea for that and it shouldn’t overcomplicate the layout.
  • Maybe add the text: “… therefore” (of the 7 travel days)

All the best,
Dominic

icon

Best answer by Mukhammad 7 July 2023, 11:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi Dominic,

Our app team has been working on the information update related to the outbound/inbound implementation in the app. Just to let you know that there's a popup telling that 'This travel day includes an outbound/inbound journey' as shown below.

Please let me know if anything else needs to be improved. Will be happy to report it to the relevant team! :)

@Mukhammad Great, thanks a lot for the update!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@interrailtravel it's always been a pleasure to help!