Solved

Refund not available on web-site and support is not responding :(

Dear Eurail
I have purchased a Eurail pass with Plus 20-Dec-2020 and the order confirmation clearly states "The pass is fully refundable without a fee, however the fee for Plus is non-refundable" (IN30227660).
06-May-2021 I received a mail that the activation period was extended until 31 august 2022. Unfortunately, summer plans are so that the travel can't be made this summer and a refund is there necessary.
However, when I login to my account - the ability to apply for refund is not available where it should be as per your help information.
I have contacted your service department 04-Jun-2022 using your facebook support option to get this error fixed or a refund done - and received confirmation e-mail confirming receipt of the request. I have not heard anything back yet.
I don't think > 2 weeks response time for a simple support request like this is reasonable - and the money is needed to pay for the alternative summer vacation!
Can you please prioritize getting this service request managed ASAP - or contact me to find another way to solve this fast? 
I think such lack of responsiveness is problematic for a service company like yours.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 19 June 2022, 16:58

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

People in the Community can't help you as you problem is a request for Customer Support.

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will just have to wait. Eventually you will get your refund. Customer Support is prioritises people who are currently travelling and those who will be travelling within the coming 2 weeks. 

I suggest that you try to log into the request database to see if there is a request logged for your email address. If there is no request for your email address, you need to enter a new request.

Use this link to come to the request database.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Click "Sign in" in the upper right corner.

Enter your email address and Click " Get a password".

If the system doesn't recognise your email address, then there is no request registered and you need to go back to the start screen and enter a request.

If you get a password, you can then log in and look at the status of your request.

Thank you for the response AnnaB - much appreciated to get a feedback from a real person within Eurail.

I used your recommended support options at the site 04-Jun-2022 with a rather incompetent chatbot via Messenger and finally managed to get my problem described to a level where the system acknowledged my request for support and I got a confirmation e-mail (took around 1 hour). Above you ask me to log-in to another portal - here my existing password to Eurail did not let me in so I had to create yet another new one (apart from the one to get into this community - so I now have 3 different to work with Eurail).

When getting in I could see that my question is indeed registered as open with #181160.

I think Eurail as a company needs to staff appropriately to be able to manage support requests within reasonable time. It is your IT systems and setups that has a problem in not allowing me to apply for the refund that I am entitled to - not your customer! It should hardly be a surprise that support needs rises during summer.

A statement like “Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will just have to wait” is not fair and reasonable - even no indication of when you will process your IT system failure that prevents me from applying to get the refund that I am entitled to and get the significant sum of money that are to be used to finance this years summer vacation.

So please prioritize this support - “just have to wait” is really not good enough.

All the best,
Soeren

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for the response AnnaB - much appreciated to get a feedback from a real person within Eurail.

I don't work for Eurail. Everyone answering in the Community are just ordinary travellers who help out tge best we can. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I you want to give your feedback to Eurail, you can open a new request. One of the headings to choose from is "feedback".

Thank a lot AnnaB - really helpful, thank you for the response and apologies for my mistake - I thought you were responding on behalf of Eurail. 

Dear AnnaB,
In what you write above with opening a new request - were you referring to here in the community or in the request database you kindly guided me to?
I could not find it as an option at first glance here in the community (may be my mistake)…
Thanks again for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Dear AnnaB,
In what you write above with opening a new request - were you referring to here in the community or in the request database you kindly guided me to?
I could not find it as an option at first glance here in the community (may be my mistake)…
Thanks again for your help

A new request in the database. It is good that you give them feedback.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Thank you for the clarification  AnnaB - much appreciated :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Jag förstår hur frustrerande det är att inte få svar från Customer Support. Jag beställde ett papperspass i början av maj som skulle ha levererats i slutet av maj. Passet har fortfarande inte sänts från Nederländerna. Customer Support hade ett spörsmål om min adress och jag svarade den 1/6. Sedan dess väntar jag på att något ska ske.

Det er jeg ked af at høre :( Det er bare ikke er godt nok som firma - så vigtigt at de tager ansvar og bemander supportfunktionerne ordentligt i de perioder hvor de ved der er belastning i stedet for at prøve at spare overdrevent og ikke levere ordentlig service.
Håber at det lykkes for dig i tide!