Solved

SBA35930 Train in Germany covered?

• 26 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello Eurail Community

i was trying to plan a trip from Frankfurt to Wiesbaden and the planner says I have to take a train called SBA35930. What is this train SBA ? Is it a partner company of Eurail and is it a participating member of Eurail? Will my Eurail Global Pass be okay to use in this train or I have to but a separate and doffrent train ticket?

thanks

Nathaniel

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 26 April 2022, 22:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sounds like it's an S-Bahn, an urban or suburban train. "SBA” is not a company but seems to be Eurail's own abbreviation for S-Bahn. Eurail is valid here because this S-Bahn is run by DB and DB is one of the participating companies in Eurail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In THIS area indeed DB runs the S-bahnen (a kind of inbetween for metro and long distance trains-they never wait for connections and run strictly ev 20/30 mins). But NOT always in the many other big cities in DE-others may have that contract. Mostly they go from main station (in tunnel beside)-like a metro underground and have many stops in the centre-so great for passholders going there. The U-Bahn (which you will also see in all these big cities) is urban transit and NOT included.

U has always U in blue, S is always in green.

Thank you rvdborgt.

I hope it is really the S-Bahn under the guise of eurail’s abbreviation for S-Bahn aka SBA. One last question, if I am in front of the Information Guess Booth at the Frankfurt Airport Regional HBF, will those people be able to tell me that this SBA is same as S-Bahn?

thanks much

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I hope it is really the S-Bahn under the guise of eurail’s abbreviation for S-Bahn aka SBA. One last question, if I am in front of the Information Guess Booth at the Frankfurt Airport Regional HBF, will those people be able to tell me that this SBA is same as S-Bahn?

You don't need to ask, all trains there are included in the pass.

For Germany, by the way, the DB Navigator app is much better for travel information. It's more up to date and has real-time information.

Thank you mcadv and rvdborgt👍👍