Solved

seat reservations from paris to Brussels

• 13 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello, I'm  going to Brussels for a day use from paris 

I need to book 4 seat reservations for me and my wife going to Brussels and coming back to Paris Coast will be  155€ this alot of amount for seat reservation how can I avoid or decrease the coast 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 16 October 2023, 09:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

By avoiding Eurostar (Red, ex-Thalys). Via Lille with TGV InOui and Kortrijk or Tournai to Brussels (via regional trains, TER & IC).

When are you travelling? Is it just Paris-Brussels and back, or is it part of a longer journey on the day you’re travelling?

Badge

Im travelling on 22 Of  Dec.  Paris-Brussels 

I might go to bruges and ghent in the middle of the day

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Then you will be surely better of by taking the TGV to Lille, where you can change for a direct local train to Kortrijk/Courtrai and Ghent. Change in Courtrai/Kortrijk for Bruges.

Plenty of TGV’s between Paris and Lille, best reserve one quickly. As it’s probably going to be a busy day, with lots of people heading to their family for Christmas. Reservation should be 10 EUR (sometimes 20 EUR per person). You can buy your reservation e.g. here: https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

The local train towards Kortrijk & Ghent departs every hour at hh:09, usually from Platform 15 in Lille Flandres. No reservation needed.