Should i get an eurail pass or just individual tickets for my trip?

• 15 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone, first of all sorry for my bad english. I am traveling to Europe in August, and I want to go to different countries (England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy, Belgium, Germany, and others). In that matter, I want to know if it’s better to purchase an eurail pass, or if it’s more suitable to buy individual tickets each time. 

I want to visit a lot of cities in each country, and also do long travels (like from England to Scotland). We are 3 adults, one of them with intelectual dissabilities.  

Thank you so much for your time!!! 

Please help this chilean in trouble 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ola, senora latino.

If you indeed want to visit SO many countries in such a short time, loose tickets will cost double/triple of that of a pass. However-with a pass also come extra fees for REServayoion on some trains-mostly the superfast hi-speed and these add to cost and stress (often difficult to get for those not used to it).

First plan better (Ireland is on the sea=makes for 2 ferry trips, extra to pay) and then make a sensible plan-use travelplanner of bahn.com and then see how many traveldays you need.