Solved

Some destinations not in pass like Lauterbrunnen

• 22 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I would like to go to Lauterbrunnen tommorrow, I will go from Remscheid and I check from Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrunnen (Not in Pass network), it means I have to buy a separate ticket?!

There are also from Remshied to Paris, again (some Not in Pass network). I really disapponted when get the ad that eurail can be used in 33 countries, the fact I have to buy additional ticket...

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 22 March 2023, 09:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to buy a separate ticket to Lauterbrunnen. You get a 25% discount with you Eurail pass. If you have a flexi pass you don't need to use a travel day for this as you get less than 100% discount on the ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You only need to buy a ticket between Interlaken Ost and Lauterbrunnen. It costs 5,70 CHF (25% discount applied).

You can buy it at the train station directly.

What is the uncovered leg between Remscheid and Paris ? You'll only need seat reservations (mandatory) between Köln and Paris (Thalys, expensive 32€) or Mannheim - Paris (20€) or Strasbourg - Paris (10€). You need to buy those in advance.

The majority of railways are accepting Eurail passes, some don't (especially in touristy areas like Lauterbrunnen). There are some mandatory seat reservations on high-speed trains though : mainly in France, Italy, Spain + some cross-border services.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello,

I would like to go to Lauterbrunnen tommorrow, I will go from Remscheid and I check from Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrunnen (Not in Pass network), it means I have to buy a separate ticket?!

There are also from Remshied to Paris, again (some Not in Pass network). I really disapponted when get the ad that eurail can be used in 33 countries, the fact I have to buy additional ticket...

Can you specifiy which trains you’re looking at exactly, and on which date for the Remscheid to Paris?

It’s possible to minimise seat reservation for that, but it might take you a bit longer to get to Paris then.