Skip to main content

my daughter bought a 4-day/1-month ticket for France for herself and her colleague. 
Unfortunately, they could not make the trip. 
As I am travelling to France with my daughter in October, I wanted to ask if I could take over the ticket of the colleague?

Hi no I don't think it is possible to change the name on the pass. If you use it with her name, you could get a fine and get canceled the ticket if someone checks your ID with the name on the pass.

As Interrail passes are personal it is not possible for you to take over another persons pass. However, if the conditions for the pass allows, it is possible to get a refund of the pass. The fee for that is 15% of the price of the pass, if PLUS was bought with the pass, then there is no fee for the refund. 

my daughter bought a 4-day/1-month ticket for France for herself and her colleague. 
Unfortunately, they could not make the trip. 
As I am travelling to France with my daughter in October, I wanted to ask if I could take over the ticket of the colleague?

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am sorry to read this!
Unfortunately, this is not possible, however, if your Pass meets the refunds and exchanges conditions, it might be possible to opt for a Pass exchange.

Refunds and exchanges | Eurail.com

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

Annie