Solved

Telephone with mobile pass is broken

Unfortunately my telephone fell in the water. On it was my mobile pass for eurail for this summer. Now I can not install the mobile pass on a different device. When I try I get the message it is not possible since it is already installed on a different device (the broken telephone). What to do? How can I install the mobile pass on a different telephone? The trave period is not started yet. The pass was no fully activated yet. I hope you can help me,

Kind regards Marjolijn 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 22 May 2022, 09:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to contact Customer Support and ask them to disconnect your pass from the broken phone so that you can connect the pass to your new phone. Use this form to contact Customer Support. 

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

When you contact Customer Support, please mention the date when you plan to start travelling so that they can prioritise your request correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As @AnnaB  said open a case via the provided link for Customer Service.

My sister is having the exact same issue (her phone was damaged on a boat in Sorrento) except that her Eurail pass was already activated when the phone was broken. Eurail website says an activated pass cannot be deleted from a device, but that just can’t be right for a situation like this. Please let us know what you end up finding out! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My sister is having the exact same issue (her phone was damaged on a boat in Sorrento) except that her Eurail pass was already activated when the phone was broken. Eurail website says an activated pass cannot be deleted from a device, but that just can’t be right for a situation like this. Please let us know what you end up finding out! :) 

Just open a case with customer service and say that you are travelling and need to move your pass to another device. It can definitely be done. Customer service will unlink the pass from the current device and then you can add it on another device.