Skip to main content

I planned to travel on Friday the 21.04.23 from Hamburg 06:34 through Munich to Verona Porta Nuova arriving at 18:58 the same day, using my outbound-journey from Germany.
Because of the announced strikes in Germany on friday morning, I plan to go to Munich already on Thursday evening with another train and continue my journey on Friday as planned from Munich when the strike is finished. But this way I would need to use 2 outbound-journeys instead of one.
What are my possibilites to ressolve this problem? I assume I can't take the train on Thursday, with my planned ticket for friday, because it will not be activated at that point?

Thank you for your help in advance.

You'd better ask customer service how to handle this, e.g. if they could grant you an extra in/outbound day because your journey is impacted by the strike:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Additionally, you could also travel to at least Kufstein on Thursday, so you'd be out of the country by the end of the day.

I’d add that you should book a seat reservation ASAP for the ICE to Munich (3€ on tickets.oebb.at). Otherwise you’ll surely stand :/

• 16:01 - 22:38 has quite a lot of seats left
  • 18:01 - 00:43 has seats too

Thanks for the replies. I already sent  a message to customer support.

I got a place to sleep in Munich, thats why I want to stay there…

Got a seat reservation for the 18:01 ICE.. 

In order to have a ticket to show for the Hamburg - Munich train ride, I need to use an outbound journey anyways right? There is no way I can show them that I intended to use the train ride the day after..?

A solution would be to buy the ticket from Munich to Kufstein on Friday...

In order to have a ticket to show for the Hamburg - Munich train ride, I need to use an outbound journey anyways right? There is no way I can show them that I intended to use the train ride the day after..?

Not really. Anything you put in the app for the day after can be cancelled before midnight, so it doesn't mean anything.