Solved

Trakiszki problem

• 19 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Travelling on a one month continuous 1st Class Interrail Pass. I have a 2nd class seat reservation on the 07.38 tomorrow (20 July) from Warszawie Centralna to Trakiszki (Poland), arriving at 13.24, and also a 2nd class seat reservation on the 13.25 from Trakiszki (Lithuania) to Vilnius, arriving at 17.34.

Tonight (11.30pm 19 July) just before turning on for bed and setting my alarm for an early morning rise, I find that although I can find these trains in the planner and add them to My Trip they will not show up as a ticket in My Pass after moving the slider from grey to yellow.

I am worried. I have tried adding the journeys manually with the correct departure and arrival times as shown on the seat reservations, but with the same result - no ticket.

The woman in the ticket office in Gdańsk where I purchased the Warsaw-Trakiszki seat reservation sold me a 2nd class seat reservation, and told me I’d have to buy one from the Lithuanian train conductor for the Trakiszki-Vilnius leg. When I got to Warsaw tonight and went to the Passenger Enquiry desk the woman there was able to sell me a seat reservation for the Trakiszki-Vilnius leg but could only provide me with a 2nd class one.

Could the reason why I’m unable to add my trips to My Pass be something to do with having 2nd class reservations while travelling on a 1st class Pass?

Whatever the case, what can I do? I’m due to travel in a matter of hours and can’t produce a ticket but have seat reservations for both legs of the journey to Vilnius.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 20 July 2023, 07:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

2nd or 1st class is not related at all to generating a QR code.

What do you mean by "no ticket”? After adding the trains and tapping on "Show ticket”, what do you see?

Please note that you may need to change the date at the top of the screen, as is mentioned in the message on the screen.

If that doesn't work for you, then please post a screenshot of where you are stuck.

Interesting though that they didn't sell a through reservation to Vilnius. Did you ask for one to Vilnius?

Badge +1

Hi rvtborgt, and thanks for your impressively prompt reply.

By “no ticket” I mean that when I click on the yellow bar which reads “Show ticket” there is no ticket there to show the ticket inspector. Another way of putting it i would be to say there is “no QR code” but I stuck to the terminology of the Rail Planner app.

You ask if I asked for a through reservation to Vilnius. I did indeed. Twice. On 18 July at 6pm the Gdańsk ticket office told me the trains to Vilnius were “all full”, both 1st and 2nd class seats, “until the end of the month”. Finding this a bit unlikely but unwilling to create a fuss and hold up the enormous queue behind me I returned to the office at 8am this morning (19 July) and was sold the 2nd class reservation as far as the border at Trakiszki (Poland). It was at that stage of the proceedings that the lady told me I’d need to buy an onward reservation to Vilnius from the Lithuanian train conductor. As previously mentioned, I decided to challenge this upon arriving this evening at Warsaw, where after a bit of consultation between the ladies on the desk there I was sold a 2nd class seat reservation for the Trakiszki-Vilnius leg.

However, to return to my original problem , the non-appearance of my “ticket” (or QR code) in My Pass, the difficulty has now been resolved - apparently by the simple fact of the clock passing midnight and the start of a new day. Just a few minutes after midnight I decided to make one last attempt at planning the two trips, Warsaw-Trakiszki and Trakiszki-Vilnius in the Planner, and Lo! and behold, when I shifted the slider from grey to yellow it produced a QR code in My Pass which shows both legs of the journey from Warsaw to Vilnius. I can only assume that it has to do with the start of a new day, but nevertheless it seems a bit odd. I thought you could add a journey to My Trip and show a QR code in My Pass at any time of one’s choosing.

Apologies for solving the issue myself after having requested assistance and receiving well-meaning offers of help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

However, to return to my original problem , the non-appearance of my “ticket” (or QR code) in My Pass, the difficulty has now been resolved - apparently by the simple fact of the clock passing midnight and the start of a new day. Just a few minutes after midnight I decided to make one last attempt at planning the two trips, Warsaw-Trakiszki and Trakiszki-Vilnius in the Planner, and Lo! and behold, when I shifted the slider from grey to yellow it produced a QR code in My Pass which shows both legs of the journey from Warsaw to Vilnius. I can only assume that it has to do with the start of a new day, but nevertheless it seems a bit odd. I thought you could add a journey to My Trip and show a QR code in My Pass at any time of one’s choosing.

Yes you can. But if you want to show a QR for another date than today's date, you must change the date at the top of the screen, as I explained above. By default, the app will show today's QR code and if there isn't one, then it will display a message that you can change the date at the top of the screen.