Solved

Travel day boundaries during daylight savings time

• 16 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For mobile passes, a travel runs from 0:00 until 23:59 CET, as is mentioned on this page and this page. However, what happens during daylight savings time? If we take the text on these pages literally, then during daylight savings time, a travel day also runs from 0:00 until 23:59 CET, which is 1:00 until 0:59 CEST.

I suspect that during daylight savings time, a travel day runs from 0:00 until 23:59 CEST. If that is indeed the case, then I think it's a good idea to state that explicitly on the pages mentioned.

icon

Best answer by Nanja 18 March 2022, 16:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi rvdborgt, a travel day goes always from midnight to midnight. Even when we move the clock forward and backward one hour, the time in your phone as well as our systems is automatically updated. If the journey during the travel day goes to country in a different time-zone, that should be taken into account. I hope this answers your question. Cheers, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

On that SUNday the official rule is that on 2.00 am(or rather 1.59.59)  the clocks are moved to 3.00

Also goes automatic in about any station clock (Once Ive witnessed it-long ago) so I think it will not make real probs. NIght trains are tipically 1 hr late after that……...