Skip to main content

I bought the Eurail Global Pass for 15 days, in which I plan to use it one way from Madrid to Barcelona but when I want to make the reservation does not allow me and tells me that I can not do it also indicating that only in the station in Spain, I would like to know if when I arrive physically at the station in Barcelona I can get a discount with my Eurail Global Pass and if not what is the case of the Global Pass in Spain.

Here is post with the known ways to book reservations for domestic trains in Spain:

At a ticket office in Spain, you can certainly book a reservation for a Eurail pass, as long as there are free seats on the train.

This is the most frequent route in all of ESpana for AVE=hi-speed trains-ev hour and even more in the peaks. Which you could also have noted when looking at travelplanner. If your not too fussy about 9 or 10 hrs you will find empty seat at short notice.

Also note that ALL long-dist. trenes in ESpanan must be reserved and many find this a PITA. The likely next trip-from Bcn onward to the FRancia will bring more probs.-and a much higher supplmt to pay. FInd the so often mentioned ALTernative via local trenes.