Solved

Traveling freely within all countries during 10 travel days?

Hello fellow travellers. I am interested in going from Denmark (Aarhus) To Spain (Valencia) to visit some friends. On the way I want to stop in Germany and France, before i travel back to Denmark. 

I can’t get in contact with the support, so I am hoping this community can help answer my questions.

If I buy the global pass (10 days within 2 months), will I then be able to travel all the way from Aarhus to Valencia and back to Aarhus with a large backpack and a guitar, on any days I choose within 2 months from my departure? On the interrail map, the only station in Denmark seems to be Copenhagen.

Is there any parts of the trip that is not included in the global pass? Or can i travel freely within all countries during my 10 travel days?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 3 June 2022, 15:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As long as you only use a maximum of two travel days in Denmark (outbound/inbound rule) you are ok. You can travel with all trains that are included in the Interrail offer in all countries included in Interrail. 

If you look around on the interrail.eu site you can find information on included countries and which rail companies in each country that are included. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If I buy the global pass (10 days within 2 months), will I then be able to travel all the way from Aarhus to Valencia and back to Aarhus with a large backpack and a guitar, on any days I choose within 2 months from my departure?

Yes, that is possible.

On the interrail map, the only station in Denmark seems to be Copenhagen.

That is irrelevant. That very inaccurate map does not determine validity. Nor does the rail planner app, by the way.

Is there any parts of the trip that is not included in the global pass? Or can i travel freely within all countries during my 10 travel days?

The latter. On a travel day, you can use as many trains as you like of the participating companies. There is only a limitation on travel in your country of residence, where you can use the pass only on 2 of your travel days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In DK you can use toget fra DSB, ARRIVA and NJT, not some other minor sidelines (like Letbane in Aarhus). DSB should stil be able to sell you the paper pass in its main banegarder-incl Aarhus.

If you want to come back more times, you have to buy billetten till Padborg GRAENSE.