Solved

Traveling throughout Europe making Reservations

• 25 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a 30-day Global Eurail Pass and I do not want to activate the pass until I get to Denmark on the 30th of May. 

I want to reserve a couple of trips but I do not want to activate my pass now because I do not want my days to stay yet. However, there are a few trains we're they say they get filled fast and if course these are the trains I will need to stay on schedule 

My Questions... 1) When I land in Denmark on the 30th of May will a person working at the train station in Denmark be able to help me with reservation from say... Amsterdam to Cologne, Germany or any other country in Europe? 2) Or can a worker in Denmark or some other country only help with Reservations in their own country? 

3) Is there a way I can reserve my spot on the train without activating my pass or anything similar to this?

Thank you very much in advance!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 May 2023, 15:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. In Copenhagen you can book reservations at the main station, for most countries I think.
  2. Reservations can often be made for other countries too. Exceptions I know are UK, Spain, Italy, Portugal.
  3. You don't need to activate to book reservations; most reservations can be booked even without having a pass yet. See:
    https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm
    and this thread:

If you have questions about specific reservations, then please mention route, date and departure time.

Badge

Wow! Thank you! This is great information!!