Skip to main content

Hi :)

I am flying into Tallinn next week and cannot get the Rail Planner app to recognise the towns in between there and Vilnius. Any idea why? I was hoping to go to Parnu, Riga, Daugavpils, maybe Vilnius and possibly Klaipeda. Why is it so difficult?

Tip and hints please! 

I am a solo female traveller in later years so want to get this sorted. I am actually considering cancelling my pass and making my own way as it feels like it would be less stressful.

Thanks!  

Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania don't share their timetables with the outside world. Please use the national's company website.

Keep in mind that there are no cross-border trains. Estonia - Latvia is relatively easy with a 4h wait in Valga. Source : https://twitter.com/richardavsmith/status/1656560791154221058?t=ojF6pyYS8Eaz6ZbcVWnkjg&s=19

Latvia - Lithuania : bus to the border + a little walk to the nearest train station. Source : 

The easiest is still the bus between Baltic countries. But if you're fine with adventures, I'd definitely consider the above cross-border routes.

Tha k you much appreciated. I love an adventure but beginning to feel that buying a first class prepaid ticket was not a wise decision!

If those are your only countries, then definitely cancel the pass. Tickets cost like 5-10€ max.

Follow Richard Smith's tweets, they're extremely helpful ! And always post here if you have questions.