Solved

Travelling in country of residence

• 8 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I would like to travel from Newcastle, England to lille, France. However, as I will have to change trains at St Pancras, London, to catch the Eurostar, does this count as 2 separate journeys ?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 April 2022, 14:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This very same Q has been asked/posted here about 123 times now , nearly always by Brits and the answer is YES-on 1 day (so NO overnite in LON) you can travel from any feasible trainstop in that funny island in the NorthSea to/via this €* as far as you can manage-and if lucky even use an overnighttrain to the point where you alight.

As such I understand indeed unbelievable value as you can even use the very highest prices superpeak train to LON-arr 8.33-for which a normal Brit ticket may eve cost more as the whole pass. Thats why quite often brit trainconductors can be quite inquisitive in that you are genuinely going out-and show proof (in fact you could also go to LST airpt and use that Ryan or a better airline-and even continue also at other end).

Same for coming back. The pass allows 2 days to ALSO use in home-country.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The number of journeys you make is not important and neither is the number number of trains. On a travel day, you can use as many trains as you want. On 2 of your travel days, you can also travel in your country of residence. Changing trains is no problem.

Great news, many thanks