Solved

Trip in england - Wich cities are served with the Interrail Global Pass Youth?

• 25 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, i’m new to the interrail community and i was wondering if the trip i was hoping to do was possible if i chose the Interrail Global Pass Youth. 

I want to travel between: 

• lille - london 
  • london - york 
  • york - scarborough (round trip)
  • york - cambridge 
  • cambridge - london 
  • london - brighton (round trip)
  • london - lille 

I was going to buy the Interrail Global Pass Youth 7 days within1 month. 

Is it compatible with my trip ? 

Thank you in adance 

Best regards 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 26 July 2022, 01:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes.

The 2 journeys to/from Lille need to be booked well in advance as they are in high demand and have limited availability.

Yes.

The 2 journeys to/from Lille need to be booked well in advance as they are in high demand and have limited availability.

Ty for your answer ! 

So i will be able to book train to go to cambridge, brighton and scarborough ? Because when i’m on the website and i do the “find the best pass for me” these 3 cities are not found ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Unlike in France there are no reservations or pre-booking required for trains in UK.

For those journeys the only ones I’d even consider reserving would be London - York and York - Cambridge (this is not direct and will require a change).

Reservations are free and can be done at any manned UK station or online by creating an account at https://www.gwr.com

They are all frequent routes, Scarborough is hourly the others are every 30 minutes or better most of the time. If you miss a train or plans change just get the next one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just assume-even more as in FR that ANY town and even most smaller villages have a train connection-and as al tells, on main lines much more often as even TER in the high north is able to offer. Just learn to use a planner-like nationalrail.co.uk and play around a bit. Google is also still there and will probably also let you find good decent maps with actual maps.

Other as in state-run FRance in GB the trains are done by a lot of private companies on a contract-so there may even be more as 1 comp. on 1 line. Tipical for GB is that on SUNdays there is ofte a very different service pattern.

Just assume-even more as in FR that ANY town and even most smaller villages have a train connection-and as al tells, on main lines much more often as even TER in the high north is able to offer. Just learn to use a planner-like nationalrail.co.uk and play around a bit. Google is also still there and will probably also let you find good decent maps with actual maps.

Other as in state-run FRance in GB the trains are done by a lot of private companies on a contract-so there may even be more as 1 comp. on 1 line. Tipical for GB is that on SUNdays there is ofte a very different service pattern.

Ahhhh okay, so if i have the Interrail Global Pass Youth i have access to every train between every city ?! 

It’s perfect thank you for all your answer !