Solved

Trips in country of origin

• 12 April 2022
  • 2 replies

For a trip to be in my country of origin does it have to start and end at it? If the trip starts at my country of origin and ends in another country does it count as a normal travel day?

I want to go from Seville to Barcelona on day 1 and Barcelona Paris on day 2. Does the 2nd day count as trip in the country of origin (Spain) ? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 13 April 2022, 05:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For a trip to be in my country of origin does it have to start and end at it? If the trip starts at my country of origin and ends in another country does it count as a normal travel day?

You can choose when you want to use you 2 travel days in your country of residence. They can be anytime during the validity of your pass and don't have to be at the beginning and the end.

I want to go from Seville to Barcelona on day 1 and Barcelona Paris on day 2. Does the 2nd day count as trip in the country of origin (Spain) ? 

Yes, it does. If you do it like that, you will use both of your travel days in your country of residence. If you need more, then you'll need to buy normal tickets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So plan better and use RENFE (That awful pesky train-operator) at its best:

on day 1 continue on to Port Bou/Cerbere (rodalies from Barca) ,stay overnight there, or maybe Perpignan and go onward next day-or use the overnight train (on still same day!!) to parigi This will also be considerable cheaper, as those AVE/TGV over the border cost an awful lot extra to pay!