Solved

trips in home country?

• 30 March 2024
  • 3 replies

So im from the UK and bought a 4 day pass but started my four days in Holland foing Amsterdam-Agen (France).  In a few days i will travel to Geneva or Zurich.

question:  on my remaining two days can i go Zurich/Torquay (UK) and then my last day going Torquay/Poole (UK)?

Im new to all this…..

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 31 March 2024, 15:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes you can. On 2 travel days you may travel in your country of residence.

Only note the mandatory reservations on French fast/high-speed trains and Eurostar. The latter could sell out a few days in advance.

Switzerland - Paris TGVs cost 29€ (1st class 39€) but you can cross the border on a regional train (to Bellegarde, Mulhouse or Strasbourg for example) and then take a TGV within the country : 10€ limited domestic fare, then 20€.

Thanks thats really helpful.  Its possible i could get home and have an entire spare day left.  Can i use that day in any way i choose?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks thats really helpful.  Its possible i could get home and have an entire spare day left.  Can i use that day in any way i choose?  

Yes, but the limit of 2 travel days in your country of residence still applies. If you've used those, then you can only use the remaining day abroad.