Solved

UK resident needing clarification on Eurorail or Interail?

• 6 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I’m UK resident needing clarification on Eurorail or Interail global pass? There seems to be conflicting infomation on this and I need to be 100% certain on which one to purchase.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 6 September 2022, 16:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There is no conflicting information, Interrail is for European residents, Eurail is only for those that reside outside Europe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The only key difference is that with Interrail passes you can only use up to 2 travel days in the UK (your home country). 

I find using low cost airlines from our local airport can be a good way of starting and finishing trips rather than using a travel day for about 7 hours train rides from home to Brussels/Paris and paying 30 euro for Eurostar reservation.

Also allows one way trips e.g. about to fly to Nice and return from Prague (via Venice and Vienna).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And euROrail does not even exist-its EUrail-in fact a brand that was there long before the EU even came into existance (early 50-ies-aimed at then former US-soldiers coming back to visit in peace time and when the brand new shiny 1st cl only TEE express network was started.

It has nothing to do with what a tiny majority of you Brits decided to leave a few yrs ago.

Thanks very much for all the feedback, much appreciated!