Skip to main content

Hi there,

I’m UK resident needing clarification on Eurorail or Interail global pass? There seems to be conflicting infomation on this and I need to be 100% certain on which one to purchase.

Thanks in advance!

There is no conflicting information, Interrail is for European residents, Eurail is only for those that reside outside Europe.

The only key difference is that with Interrail passes you can only use up to 2 travel days in the UK (your home country). 

I find using low cost airlines from our local airport can be a good way of starting and finishing trips rather than using a travel day for about 7 hours train rides from home to Brussels/Paris and paying 30 euro for Eurostar reservation.

Also allows one way trips e.g. about to fly to Nice and return from Prague (via Venice and Vienna).

And euROrail does not even exist-its EUrail-in fact a brand that was there long before the EU even came into existance (early 50-ies-aimed at then former US-soldiers coming back to visit in peace time and when the brand new shiny 1st cl only TEE express network was started.

It has nothing to do with what a tiny majority of you Brits decided to leave a few yrs ago.

Thanks very much for all the feedback, much appreciated!