Solved

URGENT HELP: Could not activate my 3m Global Pass - pass now expired...

Dear community,

I wanted to activate my mobile pass in the app yesterday (last day to be activated), however, the app-activation unfortunately did not go through (seemed to be a technical issue). Now it just says the pass is expired in the app :(
Is there any possibility to get the expired pass re-activated for the remaining time of the 3months? Unfortunately, I could not find a phone number to talk to somebody in person and could only send a general request. Please help - I don’t want to lose my Interrail pass before even starting my trip :(

Thank you all!
Marc

icon

Best answer by luddi 11 April 2023, 11:36

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please contact customer service here:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

I don't know what possibilities still exist.

Please contact customer service here:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

I don't know what possibilities still exist.

Thank you for your swift reply! I tried to contact customer service via the form as well as the chatbot, but no response yet. Hope we can find a solution quickly :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you feed the chatbot with the right words (no idea which words though), it will also let you fill out this form, so you don't need to do that anymore.

Do let us know if there's any solution. I'm curious if a pass could be activated with retrospective effect.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

If you feed the chatbot with the right words (no idea which words though), it will also let you fill out this form, so you don't need to do that anymore.

Do let us know if there's any solution. I'm curious if a pass could be activated with retrospective effect.

Hi there!

Unfortunately it is not possible :(

Badge

@luddi Hi there you got a solution for your problem? I hab the same and get no update or solution for my problem. 

Hi @Biggi ,
I am still in contact with Customer Services - The passes cannot get activated in retrospect apparently… Unfortunately, the offered alternative solutions were also not too helpful yet (as they would have meant significantly more costs). Will keep you posted on any progress.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Under “exceptional” circumstances I believe IR recently offered a poster an exchange, but based on a current full price purchase of at least equal value to the lost pass plus exchange fee. Just so others in your situation may know, Is that what you have been offered?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Does anyone know or understand why you must activate it, rather than the pass automatically activating itself on the last possible day?

It seems a bit harsh to have a potential 3 months (minus 7 days or so since the 11th of April) of train travel lost because it wasn’t activated in time.  I activated mine on 31st March so I’m good to go until the end of June, but someone who bought the same pass on the same day as me but didn’t activate it has lost everything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does anyone know or understand why you must activate it, rather than the pass automatically activating itself on the last possible day?

For a normal pass, you would not want that because you can still request a refund later (until 6 months after the latest possible activation date) and that is only possible if you haven't activated.

For a non-refundable/non-exchangeable pass, there could be a case because it's "use it or loose it”. Although in exceptional circumstances, an exchange is sometimes still granted, and in such cases it's always better not to have activated.

So… you basically can't have it both ways. If you want auto-activation, then you should set the pass start date to the latest date possible yourself. The information could be clearer and has already been made clearer since May last year. Back then, the "activate by” date was not yet mentioned in the confirmation mail but now it is. That may be the cause why some people have missed the date.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

According to this tweet/article the validity period for those 50% discount passes has been extended by 3 months - https://twitter.com/SimonCalder/status/1653643734548971521

Note that this will apply to those people that did not activate their pass before the last possible cut-off date in April and so had apparently lost the use of their pass.

Those of us who activated their pass before the cut-off date will see no change.