Solved

Urgent Help Please. Having to book flights and coaches due to no response from interrail.

• 27 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi all,  

My friend and I have booked a holiday of a lifetime with our two 1st class interrail passes. However, my pass does not work for reservations due to my having a non alphanumeric character in my name.

I have tried customer service for a long time, I never get a reply. There are no tickets left for expensive/important parts of our trip with mandatory reservations. We are resorting to flights/buses. The whole purpose of the trip was the 1st class rail travel.  

I have tried every other form of contact and am resorting to this because I leave in under 48 hours (on a flight to a city that I have no interest in because it was the only one I could afford to get to the continent).T

his has been an issue since February.

My last name is in the system as O’Connor but the system will not accept the ’ character (right single apostrophe) .

Does anyone from interrail read this?

Can anybody help?

I have tried customer service and the technical desk but I get no replies. I tried the phone number but has been disconnected.

Thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by Marion 28 April 2022, 17:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please post details of the trains you'd like to book, so it is possible to give advise. There are often multiple possibilities to book a train.

@Nanja if there is an open support case from February, then this should be looked at urgently. Also, if certain characters cause problems, then it should not be possible to enter them in the first place. Either that or the system should be made to work with them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Somehow I assume that you must have encountered as someone with a trueblooded Irish name-to be proud of-this problem elsewhere too. What is the prob if you simply omit this ´ and write OConnor? If someone checks it-very rare as such-here on the continent noone will even raise an eyebrow, as long as the nr of your ID/Passpt are right. There are more languages with specific special own letter-forms that no system will generally accept. Like f.e. this tilde in spanish.

Toss a coin between principles and realism.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What is the prob if you simply omit this ´ and write OConnor?

That's not the issue here. It looks like the name was accepted when ordering the pass but now it's not possible to make reservations via Interrail.

I'd be curious to see any error messages produced though.

I'm also willing to help with reservations but for any advice we need details of the trains to book. There's no reservation that can only be booked via Interail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Adding @Leo since Nanja is not in the office. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi all,  

My friend and I have booked a holiday of a lifetime with our two 1st class interrail passes. However, my pass does not work for reservations due to my having a non alphanumeric character in my name.

I have tried customer service for a long time, I never get a reply. There are no tickets left for expensive/important parts of our trip with mandatory reservations. We are resorting to flights/buses. The whole purpose of the trip was the 1st class rail travel.  

I have tried every other form of contact and am resorting to this because I leave in under 48 hours (on a flight to a city that I have no interest in because it was the only one I could afford to get to the continent).T

his has been an issue since February.

My last name is in the system as O’Connor but the system will not accept the ’ character (right single apostrophe) .

Does anyone from interrail read this?

Can anybody help?

I have tried customer service and the technical desk but I get no replies. I tried the phone number but has been disconnected.

Thanks for your help

Hi Temarisphere, In order for you to make reservations, Leo and I removed the apostrophe of your last name. Please just book your reservation writing O Connor without the apostrophe. A ticket inspector should not consider it as an issue, if they do, please tell them that our system was not taking in account alphanumeric characters. Can you come back to me and tell me if you can book reservations now? I hope this helps, cheers