Solved

Use one interial pass for two holidays

I want to know if I can use one interail pass for two journeys. That means, I first want to go to Budapest for one week, then I want to travel back to my own country where I stay a couple of days and then I want to leave my own country again for a second holiday abroad. I have read that I am allowed to only go on one inbound and one outbound journey.

My question: is it possible to buy separate tickets for my second inbound and outbound journeys so that I can go on two holidays with one interail pass?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 7 July 2022, 06:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

.My question: is it possible to buy separate tickets for my second inbound and outbound journeys so that I can go on two holidays with one interail pass?

That works fine. I hope you get nice holidays. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The NSI website has discount options you can use to buy a ticket for only the Dutch part of your journey.

For Thalys and Eurostar though, that doesn't work (you need a pass that is valid for the complete journey) and for the night trains, there's a separate fare that cannot be booked online (partial pass).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Heel goed mogelijk-heb zelf 8 trips van 5-6 dagen gedaan met pas voor 2 mnd verleden jaar. Heb zelf Dalvrij/weekendvrij voor het deel in NL. De meeste mensen die zo treinen zullen wel een of andere vorm van korting bij NS hebben.

Het scheelt vaak enorm door wat slimmer te plannen en niet de hele reis meteen met die dure ICE of Thalys te doen-stap daar pas in in DE of BE.