Solved

Using passes and paying for trains. Are they included or not?

• 16 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi!

I am planning to travel from Reading/London to Montpellier and hoping someone can help me understand how to use the passes!

I can see that I can get a youth 3 travel days one month in France for 127 euros, but when I look at planning the trip, it brings up the train from Reading to London, then London to Paris (44 euros to book a seat), then Paris to Montpellier. Do I need to pay for these three trains or are they all included in the pass? I thought I read somewhere that UK tickets were included one leaving and one coming back? And is the Eurostar included I just have to pay for the seat booking? Then I am assuming Paris to Montpellier is included? I hope someone can help!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 16 July 2022, 10:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The France one country pass you mentioned only includes travel within France, no trains in Britain or Eurostar.

You would need a global pass for that, shortest is 4 days in 1 month for €185 Youth.

That includes travel within Britain for 2 days but that travel requires using 2 of the 4 days you can use.

It also includes Eurostar with a flat rate booking fee of €30, however the passholder spaces do sell out before the trains are full.

Paris - Montpelier will require reservation, €10 if booked early enough or €20 once the cheaper ones are sold out.

At a minimum it will cost you €275. If you will not use the ticket for any other travel then it may be cheaper to book normal tickets without a pass (or to just go by plane).