Solved

Venice to Bratislava, how many travel days?

• 18 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello everybody, i’m planning my next interrail and i live in a city close to Venice.

My first travel will be Vicenza to Bratislava, using one travel day. But if i add the train to Rail Planner it counts two travel days. Is that correct? Should i really use two travel days, even if it is just a travel from one city to another?

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 18 August 2022, 16:14

View original

5 replies

As you may see: You plan to go to Wien on thursday and to Bratislava on friday = 2 days.

It's absolutely possible to do this with just one travel day if you start early.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

2-as the word itself says it: travelDAY: any train you board till 23.59-latest.
note that yo can save a lot: BUSes-ev 30 mins, from beside Wien HBF direkt to B´lava-for les as 10€/single, pay driver. You can of course also book via your holy telefonino-but NJ is so often very late next morning-then you loose that fare if too late. Going the other way would indeed cost just 1 day.

Ahum, signore: dalle Napoli per Milano is also only 2 cities , but there it will certainly pay off to use the pass for the treni-plus supplementi per frecce. But if that was Milano-Novara, after coming from that NJ: pay TreNord is probably also cheaper then and comparable.

As you may see: You plan to go to Wien on thursday and to Bratislava on friday = 2 days.

It's absolutely possible to do this with just one travel day if you start early.  

I don’t understand.. why if i jump off to Wien at 07:58AM is just one travel day, but if i take just one another train of 1 hour, are two travel days?

You may stay onboard a train without adding a new travel day if you did board it the day before. So entering a train counts....   

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I don’t understand.. why if i jump off to Wien at 07:58AM is just one travel day, but if i take just one another train of 1 hour, are two travel days?

It is simple

A travel day starts at midnight CET and ends at 2359 the same day. All trains you board scheduled to leave before 2359  that day are included until you get off that train. So boarding the Bratislava train is in the next travel day. That is why the experienced travellers above recommend starting early and making sure you maximise your travel days.

It also saves you any sleeper fares.

There is service from vicenza via Venice and wien at 9.03 that get to Bratislava before 7pm the same day.