Solved

what does it mean "activate this pass by...[DATE]"?

• 15 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Dear all,

I simply would like to know what it means “activate this pass by….[DATE]”

mine is saying Activate this pass by 17 November 2023”

Does it mean I have to activate:

1. before 17 November 2023 (as in latest 16 November 2023 at 23h50)
  2. within 17 November 2023 at latest 23h59

please let me know,

Thank you

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 15 November 2023, 23:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

To be sure: when did you buy the pass?

Anyway, activating a pass doesn’t mean you use up travel days.

So I’lld stick to option A.

To be sure: when did you buy the pass?

Anyway, activating a pass doesn’t mean you use up travel days.

So I’lld stick to option A.

@BrendanDB thank you for your response

I bought it from Eurail partner Klook.com, an Asian travel provider like Viator or getyourguide.

I have already added it to my Rail Planner app, which is how I saw the message “activate a pass by 17 November 2023”

so option A?

is B still an option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When do you plan to travel? As you have a continuous pass all days are travel days so unless you plan to travel until the 16th of January, it doesn't matter if you activate the pass tomorrow or on Friday. 

When do you plan to travel? As you have a continuous pass all days are travel days so unless you plan to travel until the 16th of January, it doesn't matter if you activate the pass tomorrow or on Friday. 

@AnnaB thank you for your response

My travel duration is between 7 December 2023 to 17 January 2024. And I have planned out the days when I should use the trains.

it matters to me to know:

if I activate it on 16 November 2023, does it give for the validity of usage from 16 November 2023 to 15 January 2023?

OR if I activate it on 17 November 2023, does it give the validity of usage from 17 November 2023 to 16 January 2023?

These are what I understand. I just need to be clear before I press activate and I have little time to do so

thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When you activate the pass you must select the start date of the validity of the pass. You can do that now and check.

I guess that your latest possible start date of the validity will be the 17th of November and the pass will then be valid until the 16th of January. 

When you activate the pass you must select the start date of the validity of the pass. You can do that now and check.

I guess that your latest possible start date of the validity will be the 17th of November and the pass will then be valid until the 16th of January. 

@AnnaB I see! Thank you for answering that! That is precisely what I need to know!

very clear now