Solved

What exactly is a trip? Are all our journeys ''one trip''?

Hi All, im brand new to this and have just bought a 3 month global mobile pass. So here’s my first question of no doubt, many more.

What is a “trip”. My wife and I plan to travel from Liverpool, through Germany, France then on to Malaga, and back to Liverpool in a three week period, staying at various cities. Is this “one trip”?

Or is each leg of that journey a trip? i.e, Liverpool to Paris is one trip. Paris to Nice is another, Nice to Montpellier  another etc etc.  So confused……..😕

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 18 May 2022, 16:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Also, would you advise just booking “journeys” as we go along?

That's what I always do. Usually just before boarding the first train of a journey.

Ok, thanks for that. I’m not really sure what you mean by the yellow switch visible in my trip. I have a yellow “+” but thats just an option to edit, add a journey etc. 

Also, would you advise just booking “journeys” as we go along?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Side note, seeing your name-and be proud of this heritage. However, there have been a few complaints that the system will not accept the ¨ in your name as script. I think the answer was to simply not use it, but it may clash with other notes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Before boarding a train, you need to add the applicable journey to My Pass, using the yellow switch that is visible in My Trip. After that, a "ticket” is generated, which you can show by going to My Pass and then tapping on “Show ticket”.

I usually just call my trips "Spring 2022” or something similar, but that's entirely up to you :)

Ok, thanks. So, to be clear, I create a “trip” on the mobile app and call it, lets say Liverpool - Malaga - Liverpool and connect my pass to that trip. 

As i plan each leg of the journey, I add it to Liverpool-Malaga-Liverpool. Does that in turn generate something to show the train guards on inspection. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A mobile pass has to be connected to a "trip”. If you mean this trip, then it contains all train journeys that you will make during the validity period of your pass. So all journeys in the 3 months. You can add journeys to that trip every time you take a train.