Skip to main content
Solved

When to activate the global pass?

• 17 July 2023
  • 1 reply

We will arrive London in the evening on coming Thursday, 20 July. We have 4 global passes and will use them in London, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam. It’s our first time to use a mobile pass. We would like to know:

1. Shall we activate the pass now? Or shall we activate the pass on the first day to take the train which is 20 July ?
  2. After activated the pass, is there a QR Code generated automatically for each journey added in the apps? What about a manually added trip?
  3. Can I share the journeys saved in my apps with other pass holders in the same trip?
  4. Once a ticket is issued (with QR code), can we change or cancell the journey?
  5. For trains that need reservation, we have already got pdf ticket, do we still need the QR code in the app ? 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. On the first day. You never know what will happen and you can only cancel activation until 23:59 CET before validity starts. There is no advantage in activating in advance.
  2. There is a QR code per travel day. Below the QR code, all trains you added to the pass are listed.
  3. Some people reported this is possible with the Share function but I'm not sure how.
  4. You can add and delete trains freely. The one thing you can't do is cancel a travel day once validity has started.
  5. The pass is your ticket. Any train you use must be added to your pass before you board it. Any reservations you have booked are completely separate. Mandatory reservations must be shown together with the pass. Optional reservations are for yourself (to find your seat) and to show others (if they're sitting on your seat).