Solved

Won´t be home when my paper pass will arrive, I´m afraid it will be sent back!

Hi, my Interrail Pass should arrive before july 23, but I´m on vacation and will be back a little later than that. Interrail sent me an E-mail that said someone has to be home to sign, so now I am afraid that my ticket will be sent back to the sender if I am not home.

Does someone know if the pass is going to a near postale station when I am not home, so that I can pick it up?

And if so, can only I pick it up (and need to show my identity card) or can I send someone to get it for me while I am not home yet?

It´s stressing me out and nobody from interrail is replying to my mails!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 8 July 2022, 20:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

These are questions that have to be asked to the shipping company. Have you got a tracking number for your delivery?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As the delivery is sent by registered mail is normally has to be signed for by yourself. 

At least here in Sweden you can let someone else pick up the registered mail if you have signed the delivery note and the person going to the post office bring your ID too.

You need to check what the routines for registred mail is where you live.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Normally registered mail wil be kept for a while at the post office and you'll receive a note that there's mail for you to collect. At least worked that way in the places I lived.

I don´t have a tracking number yet, but I just ordered it today. I live in Germany so I will try to find out how they do it here.

I wrote an authorization for my boyfriend and will give him a copy of my ID, too. I hope it works that way.

I thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Next time, just buy your paper pass from a DB ticket office. You have it immediately and you don't pay any delivery fees.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I wrote an authorization for my boyfriend and will give him a copy of my ID, too. I hope it works that way.

I doubt that a copy of your ID will do. At least here in Sweden the ID shown has to be an original. If you have both a passport and a national ID card, maybe you can leave one of them with your boyfriend.