Solved

Youth pass bought before COVID / 7 in a month

Hello,

This was already asked a few times, but my case is a bit more special.

I have a youth pass, but because of Corona I couldn't travel, like neither of you.

The thing is I bought it while it was on sale, for only 201€. And I bought plus. 

I accepted the reduced offer and could not use it due to force majeure. I was basically caught with the offer and still have to pay the regular price? I thought until today that the validity was extended. I wanted to activate the pass today but it didn't work. Customer service is not responding and my trip starts on August 5th.

I just want to know how much money I have to budget for the regular pass.

I have a mobile pass, youth, plus.plus

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 30 July 2022, 08:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you still have the age to travel with a youth pass?

What error message do you get when you try to activate the pass? Can you post a screen shot? Remove any personal information.

@AnnaB No I'm too old now, I get the notification "must be under 28(27?) to activate the pass.

Do you still have the age to travel with a youth pass?

What error message do you get when you try to activate the pass? Can you post a screen shot? Remove any personal information.

In my account I can't start a refund process. It says you don't own a refundable pass. 

But on my says:

"Dieser Pass ist gebührenfrei komplett erstattungsfähig; die Gebühr für Plus wird jedoch nicht erstattet. Reiche deinen Antrag vor dem ersten Reisetag deines Passes ein; weitere Details findest du in den 
Rückerstattungsrichtlinien."

In Englisch:

"This pass is fully refundable with no fees;  however, the fee for Plus is non-refundable. Submit your application before the first day of travel on your passport;  see the refund policy for more details."

So my pass is definitely exchangeble/refundable but my account says it's not.

How should I proceed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you want to travel now you need to buy a new pass according to you needs.

Then you need to contact Customer Support to sort the exchange of passes. Read more here

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

I assume that you bought your pass through the Interrail website.