Skip to main content
Product Update

European Sleeper extended to Prague

• 28 May 2024
  • 4 replies
European Sleeper extended to Prague

In June of last year, we welcomed the European Sleeper to our Pass network. Our in-house train expert, Hugo, had the honor of riding with them on its inaugural trip.  

Fast forward almost a year later, and Moniek from our HR team had the pleasure of joining the European Sleeper on its very first extended route from Amsterdam to Prague! 

Moniek, a newcomer to night trains, has now become an enthusiast, thanks to her experience on the European Sleeper. We sat down with her to ask a few questions about her adventure. 

As a first-time night train traveler, what were the main differences you noticed compared to traveling by day? 

When you check in, there is a friendly staff member to greet you and help you find your cabin. There is also a really fun, buzzy feeling on the train.  

As a woman, did you feel secure while traveling on the night train? 

I wasn’t sure how I would feel, but in the end, I did feel secure throughout the trip. I had a private compartment that comes with double locks. Next time, I’ll book a women-only compartment. European Sleeper offers a women-only compartment as an option when booking their Standard: 6-person compartment. It also helps knowing that there is a friendly attendant on board. 

What part of this night train experience surprised you the most?  

Traveling at night is surprisingly efficient. The journey to Prague felt like no time at all, especially since I was asleep for most of it. It's amazing how far you can travel in one night.  

With the European Sleeper now extending its routes to Prague, a multitude of exciting destinations await exploration. Whether it’s eastbound or westbound, this night train connection creates endless possibilities.  

Where will your first night train take you?  

4 replies

Badge

I am from Germany. If I travel from Prague to Amsterdam with European sleeper: is that an inbound and outbound day? Or is it neither an inbound nor an outbound day because I don't get off in Germany?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am from Germany. If I travel from Prague to Amsterdam with European sleeper: is that an inbound and outbound day? Or is it neither an inbound nor an outbound day because I don't get off in Germany?

Yes, as you pass through Germany it counts as one of your two in/out days.

Two things:

1. that ‘es’ logo is PERFECT. No notes. I love it.
  2. Didn’t the initial ES train go Brussels-Amsterdam-Berlin? Is it only Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague now, or does it still start and end in Brussels?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. Didn’t the initial ES train go Brussels-Amsterdam-Berlin? Is it only Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague now, or does it still start and end in Brussels?

It started as Brussels-Amsterdam-Berlin indeed. It still starts in Brussels and was extended from Berlin to Prague.