Skip to main content
Solved

Summes 2024 trip planning

• 27 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hiya! 

Looking for some thoughts/suggestions on my whirlwind itinerary I’m putting together. 

I’m coming from Canada, I’m volunteering at the Olympic and Paralympics in Paris. I have a little stretch off between that my husband is going to come so we can go on an adventure. 

I have a 5 day eurail pass. We’re looking to travel Aug 12-17/18

Aug 12 - Start in Paris, Leave early - Stop in Brussels for the day and head to Amsterdam in the evening.

Aug 12-14 in Amsterdam. Head to Berlin on the 14th morning. 

Aug 14-16 in Berlin. Head to Munich on the 16th in the morning.

Aug 17 - Munich to Bern, then Bern to Paris in the evening. 

I’m super inexperienced with planning any train trips as Canada is severely lacking, and I’ve never been to Europe. 

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated! We aren’t held to any of these locations as I haven’t booked any hostels or train reservations. 

Thanks!!

Krista 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It seems rushed honestly. You'll have at most one full day per city. I'd be more realistic.

Paris - Brussels - Amsterdam is about 4h30 (reservation-free IC between BRU and AMS to be flexible).

Amsterdam - Berlin takes at least 6h (+ German delay).

Berlin - Munich is around 4-5h.

Munich - Bern - Paris is barely possible in a day. You won't see anything.

To limit travel time I'd stick to the Netherlands/Belgium or Bavaria/Switzerland. Plenty of lovely towns in those areas in addition to the hotspots.

Utrecht in the Netherlands, Gand in Belgium, Lausanne in Switzerland,...

(As a reference: would you suggest to a tourist to visit Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal and Québec in 5 days?)