Solved

A travel day with no journeys – still a travel day?

• 6 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I gather (from the angels that hover over this forum) that it’s best to wait until just before boarding each train to activate that journey.

As AnnaB, for example, put it in a reply on this forum last year:

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass and create the ticket (QR code), until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might lose a travel day if your travel plans change at a late stage.

So i’ve activated my pass; all 10 travel days are listed. I linked the journeys to them and then unlinked them again. The travel days are therefore “empty” in that they are waiting for me to reattach the journeys in “My Trip”, but they still exist. In “My Pass” under “Travel days” it says “10/10 used”. (I can cancel them and i can still deactivate the pass, so no probs there).

However, this is where i’m (characteristically) confused:

I’d like to leave those 10 empty travel days as they are, and add journeys at the last moment by yellow-toggling them. But what happens if i miss the train on, say, Travel Day 7? The travel day is “empty” – there is no journey connected to it, but at the same time it is still listed as a travel day, with its date.

Can i be 100% sure it won’t be lost, so long as no journey is connected to it?

And what happens then? Does Travel Day 7 just disappear from the list, leaving me with a total of 9 travel days “used”, and the possibility of scheduling another one?

Any guidance hugely appreciated.

Badger

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 6 May 2024, 20:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The travel day will be lost, whether a journey is linked or not.

You should activate a pass day at a time, when you arrive at the train station for example.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Thibcabe, it’s all clear now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should also not activate you pass until just before boarding the first train of your travel. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, Anna, yes i will deactivate it shortly. I just want to play with it a bit and show my wife how to use it.

Follow-up question:

I was wondering: is there any harm in clicking Show Ticket and generating a QR code just to see how it works? I haven’t dared so far, in case it’s something you can’t undo and have to use within 24 hours or something like that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's no problem to make a test activation of a travel day and show the ticket.

I also did that when I recently used the mobile pass for the first time. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks again !