Solved

Booking Eurostar ticket; Brussels to London

• 22 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I’m planning to use my Global Interrail pass to go from Brussels (Bruxelles-Midi/Brussel-Zuid) to London (London St Pancras International) with Eurostar (12th of July). When I went to https://www.b-europe.com/EN to make a seat reservation it says, under the title “Travel Conditions”, that “Traveler must be in possession of a valid Interrail Global Pass or Eurail Global Pass, which covers at least the country of departure and arrival. The fare is valid for a traveler in possession of an Interrail Global Pass or Eurail Global Pass, if part of the Eurostar journey takes place in the traveler's country of residence. Only holders of a 1st class pass are allowed to travel in 1st class Standard Premier”. My English might be letting me down here, but does this mean that this reservation isn’t valid for me since I am from Sweden? If not, I could make the same reservation from interrail.eu for only 2 euros more, but is it certain that that one is valid for me? 

Thanks in advance,

Herman

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 22 June 2022, 14:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you hold a global Interrail valid for the date in question then yes, it is valid on Eurostar, no question.

If you hold a global Interrail valid for the date in question then yes, it is valid on Eurostar, no question.

That’s what I hoped, but what does the phrase I underlined mean then? Does it not say that the journey has to be either to or from my country of residence?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That’s what I hoped, but what does the phrase I underlined mean then? Does it not say that the journey has to be either to or from my country of residence?

Good question what they mean by that. I don't see anything in their conditions about it. You could ask them about it. They react quite fast via Facebook chat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

God knows, I’d guess even the person that wrote that garbage incomplete sentence doesn’t.

The only country of residence that has any impact is for people from Britain or France who can only use Interrail for Eurostar on their 2 inbound/outbound “home country” days. For all other passholders you can use Eurostar as much as you like within your pass validity as long as you can get the reservations before they are booked up.