Solved

Bought on Myinterail.co.uk

I am having real difficulties booking reservations and have not got a clue why. I purchased my interrail pass via the uk site myinterail.co.uk. Recieved an e-mail confirming purchases with order number and pass number. Input these details into the rail planner app and thought I would be then start booking seat reservations. However, when I come to try and reserve the seats (which you can only do using the eurail site) I cannot see my pass. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? It is drive me insane and I have no response to an e-mail I have sent to both eurail and interrail. Thanks

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 26 May 2022, 14:06

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Again some Brit who even forgot to check the very basics? UK is still in EUR and hence you canNOT buy/use EU-rail, it should be INTERrail. Thjis limits you to just trip OUT and later IN in home-country-for rather obvious reasons.

Find the separate page by seewulf on how to do REServ without the app-via the local channels.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is a guide on how to make reservations.

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you need more advice, please write what train, departure date and time you want to make a reservation for and you will get recommendations how to proceed.

Such a helpful, measured reply, macadv (chip shoulder, springs to mind) I have not purchased an EU Rail. As I clearly explained, I bought an interrail pass. You need to read the question, before jumping on your high horse and being incredibly rude. Certainly hope I don’t meet you on our travels!

Hi,

I’m having similar issues which is a nightmare. Bought a continuous global pass on Myinterrail.co.uk who are the uk branch of Interrail.eu. 

My pass number works in the app but to make seat reservations, it steers you towards the website flagging that this is a separate booking system. I’ve created a Interrail.eu account online but it does not recognised the pass number and/or name that I was issued by Myinterraik.co.uk. Had I bought directly from Interrail.eu, I’m sure this would be a doddle.

I’ve messaged both but am tearing my hair out as I’m stuck - I can’t just go and chance every train without reservations as many need them as a condition and I am travelling in high season so am really worried that every day that goes by, there may not be reservations spots left, scuppering my timetable.

I have contacted both but has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for that, Aiden. Sorry to hear that you are having similar problems - I was thinking it was just me! You have described the problem a lot better than I did. Like you, have I have messaged both and am still awaiting a reply. It is so frustrating that you cannot contact either organisation by phone. I am guessing that they have been inundated because of the half price offer. Having done some research, I was told that it was better to book via the UK issuer, but in retrospect I wish I had got the pass via interrail.eu. I think I am going to try and book the eurostar using this method https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-passes-on-eurostar.htm, but as for booking other seat reservations I am at a loss. If I hear anything back I will let you know. I am travelling with my family, so I really cant just chance it and will also have to book accommodation.😣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Tulbagh @Aiden 

If you give details of you travelplans here you can get advice on where to make the reservations. Make a new post each for that.

Likewise - sorry to hear it has happened to you.. I have pummelled them with messages so far. I don’t have social media otherwise I would on there and I can see others have done so. 

The worst thing about it is they have a frequently asked questions section: https://www.myinterrail.co.uk/help/faqs/

The email they suggest bounces back as not existing. The host website doesn’t exist either.  At this point

Your Trip

How do I make a reservations & much will I have to pay?

Our partner International Rail Ltd offers an excellent reservation service. Please contact them on myinterrail@internationalrail.com for further assistance.

@AnnaB 

Thank you! I’ve looked at Man in Seat 61 for advice too and scoured the national rail websites. On the Polish rail website there was an option to just book a couchette and tick Interrail pass. Also some youtube videos say thought the app says you need a reservation, you often don’t in Eastern Europe as you would in Western though gambling in high season sounds like a bad idea.

I’ve copied these out but I think one or two were reservations not needed (thinking divaca)

Krakow - Warsaw

Warsaw - Prague

Prague - Vienna

Vienna - Lesce-Bled

Ljubjana - Divaca 

Ljubjana - Zagreb

Sofia - Istanbul (and return)

Belgrade - Podgorica (and return)

Rome - Catania

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Likewise - sorry to hear it has happened to you.. I have pummelled them with messages so far. I don’t have social media otherwise I would on there and I can see others have done so. 

The worst thing about it is they have a frequently asked questions section: https://www.myinterrail.co.uk/help/faqs/

The email they suggest bounces back as not existing. The host website doesn’t exist either.  At this point

Your Trip

How do I make a reservations & much will I have to pay?

Our partner International Rail Ltd offers an excellent reservation service. Please contact them on myinterrail@internationalrail.com for further assistance.

@AnnaB 

Thank you! I’ve looked at Man in Seat 61 for advice too and scoured the national rail websites. On the Polish rail website there was an option to just book a couchette and tick Interrail pass. Also some youtube videos say thought the app says you need a reservation, you often don’t in Eastern Europe as you would in Western though gambling in high season sounds like a bad idea.

I’ve copied these out but I think one or two were reservations not needed (thinking divaca)

Krakow - Warsaw

Warsaw - Prague

Prague - Vienna

Vienna - Lesce-Bled

Ljubjana - Divaca 

Ljubjana - Zagreb

Rome - Catania

@rvdborgt @seewulf @Angelo 

Can you please help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Krakow - Warsaw

Warsaw - Prague

Prague - Vienna

Vienna - Lesce-Bled

Ljubjana - Divaca 

Ljubjana - Zagreb

Rome - Catania

@rvdborgt @seewulf @Angelo 

Can you please help?

Yes, but it would really be helpful to have travel dates and departure times, so we don’t have to guess the trains.

Hi, 

Huge thanks. I’ve come against another issue which is related but was responsible for the hold up.

I planned my itinerary using https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip for the timetable. I’ve started transferring these to a trip within the app and am finding the train times don’t align at all with the schedules within the app. I’m now not sure if one or the other is correct right as the entire set of trains seem is different with both up side by side.

For instance, try to find Krakow - Warsaw or Warsaw - Prague in Interrail.eu (to the time/date I’ve specified) and then again in the Railplanner app. I’ve checked every filter, dates and triple checked again. Cross-referenced Train ID codes too. I can’t work out why there are train and time differences when they should be the same? It’s like they’re parallel timetables This would impact reservations if I tried. I’ve only included those Interrail.eu has identified as needing a reservation below for now.

Huge thanks to you all. Humbled by how helpful this community is.

Starting Point Destination Date Reservation Needed Train Type Total travel time Departure Time Departure Station Arrival Time Arrival Station 
Krakow Warsaw 10/07/2022 YES Regional High Speed 2.5 13:37   KRAKOW GLOWNY 16:20   WARSZAWA ZACHODNIA
Warsaw Prague 13/07/2022 YES Night 12.75 19:12   WARSZAWA CENTRALNA 07:55   PRAGUE HLAVNI NADRAZI 
Sofia Instanbul 03/08/2022 YES Night 11 18:30   SOFIA 05:34   HALKALI
Instanbul Plovdiv 07/08/2022 YES Night 7.5 21:40   HALKALI 05:13   PLOVDIV
Podgrico Belgrade 19/08/2022 YES Night 10 20:05   Podgorica 06:08   BEOGRAD CENTAR 
Rome Catania 28/08/2022 YES Night 10.75 21:31   ROMA TERMINI 08:17   CATANIA CENTRALE

@rvdborgt  - as requested. Sorry about the columns pasting weirdly but hopefully makes sense

App screenshot above

Interrail.eu below

Screenshots just for ease. I hope this doesn’t all sound melodramatic. Just a bit confused and want to make sure I’m turning up to train times correctly. Based on first trip I pasted in the table above. Leaving Krakow Glowny on 10.07.22 at 13:37 (according to Interrail.eu search train times)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Krakow - Warsaw 10/7 13:37: via PKP IC using these steps, but max. 30 days in advance.
  • Warsaw - Prague 13/7 19:12: via ČD. Look for the timetable and click on "I want a reservation only". You can then choose a seat or couchette or sleeper. The departure time is different there so do check again closer to your journey.
  • Sofia - Istanbul: only at the station in Sofia at the station. Best to do it the day you arrive there, although they usually have enough space.
  • Istanbul - Plovdiv: only possible in Istanbul at the station. Best to do it the day you arrive there, although they usually have enough space.
  • Podgorica - Belgrade: only possible in Serbia and Montenegro at the station. Best to do it when you arrive there.
  • Rome - Catania 28/8 21:31: should be possible via Interrail (+2€ booking fee) but I don't get any price results, not even when try early next month. You could book at an Italian ticket office when you arrive in Italy or by phone via Belgian railways. No booking fees (but phone costs). They'll send the reservation by e-mail. Note that this train does not have seats, only couchettes and sleepers.

@AnnaB 

Have you encountered the Rail Planner vs Interrail.eu timetable differences? Has this ever cropped up in discussion? I will try to make the reservations as above (thank you!!) but for the rest of my trains, how do I know which timetable to trust? especially ones with international changes.

Huge thanks

@Tulbagh  - sorry I hope the messages are also useful to you as a workaround.

I have been sending detailed breakdowns of the issue to Myinterrail and they neither answer the questions and the latest email fobs me off to contact Eurail to sort it all out (they seem to be washing their hands of responsibility with one line responses which I’m not OK with).

They haven’t answered the key question of - should a mobile pass code bought on Myinterrail.co.uk work on Interrail.eu and be able to connect to a trip so that you can make reservations yourself. If that was never the case then manual reservations might be the only hope. I’ll let you know if I get a response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@AnnaB 

Have you encountered the Rail Planner vs Interrail.eu timetable differences? Has this ever cropped up in discussion? I will try to make the reservations as above (thank you!!) but for the rest of my trains, how do I know which timetable to trust? especially ones with international changes.

Huge thanks

Hi

As the Rail planner only is updates once a month it is not reliable. The recommendation from the experienced travellers is to use the planner from any of the big national railway like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) or ÖBB (Austria)

The recommendation is also to make the reservations with the national railways, see the link I posted further up, instead ot making them at the Interrail site. 

Thanks, Aiden. Conversation has been useful. Somehow, and I am really not sure how, I think I have linked my pass to the eurrail reservation site, but I am not totally convinced. I have booked our Eurostar to Amsterdam, but that's as far as I have got. I have a nagging doubt that it is not going to work. Also, rather stupidly I did not book our train journey to St Pancras at the same time so now I am not sure that I can count the new booking that I need to make as part of the outbound journey...it will be done on the same day. Like you say, there are so many differences in journey times in the Eurail planner. Also, the trains from Kristiansand to Stavanger in Norway do not even show on the Eurail site. It is all so confusing, but maybe it's just my tired old 60 year old brain! I am sure it can't be so difficult!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Tulbagh 

All journeys that you make from 00.00 -23.59 CET are counted as one travel day so it doesn't matter that you haven't made the reservations for your journey to London.

As long as all the trains you take on your outbound journey start before 23.59 CET on the same day you are ok.

Do you have a paper pass or a mobile pass?

Thanks, AnnaB. That’s good news. Can you tell me how I might go about booking reservations for Norwegian trains. I want to reserve 4 seats from Kristiansand to Stavanger on the 1st August. We have a first class Interrail Pass ( 1st class for my 60th Birthday trip!), but I am not sure whether 1st class is available for this service, and if it is, how much it will cost.  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you call Entur in Norway they will assist you with your Norwegian reservations.

https://om.entur.no/reisende/hjelp-og-kontakt/kundesenter

They are open for another 30 minutes if you want to call now.

Thanks again for the swift reply, AnnaB I will ring in the morning. On another matter, can you tell me how I change the travel day in the app for the mobile pass. I have started on the 25th when I should have begun on the 24th. I am not doing very well! Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks again for the swift reply, AnnaB I will ring in the morning. On another matter, can you tell me how I change the travel day in the app for the mobile pass. I have started on the 25th when I should have begun on the 24th. I am not doing very well! Thanks

Are you already travelling? In that case you can't do anything. Otherwise you have to deactivate you pass.

Do you have a continuous pass or a flexi pass?

Hi AnnaB. No I have not started travelling yet.I have a months continuous pass. It does say I can deactivate it so is that would I should do and then just reactive it for the right day (24th of July rather than the 25th)? Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Tulbagh Yes, just deactivate the pass. You actually don't need to activate the pass until you are about to start your travel. If something would happen so that your first travel day has to be postponed, you can't deactivate the pass the same day. The travel day starts at 00.00 CET, 23.00 GMT

Thanks for the advice, AnnaB. Another couple of questions! If I buy a new phone, can I transfer the pass to the new phone or do you guys need to do it manually? Secondly, you mentioned that so long as you travel on the same day, you can do as many journeys on the outbound journey from your home country. Does that mean that the ‘toggle’ switch that you need to switch to indicate that the journey is one of your two outbound/inbound journeys can be activated more than once. I am just concerned that when I toggle it for the second outbound journey it will say that you have already used your outbound journey entitlement - hope that makes sense! Thanks again for all your help.