Solved

Can't book seat reservation; it says to book at the station but than it might be fully booked. What to do ?

• 27 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi, mi name is Sofía. I’m from Argentina. 

I’m traveling to Europe from July 11th to August 5th and I’m struggling with seat reservations. 

My itinerary:

From Madrid (12-13-14-15 of July) —> To Barcelona.

From Barcelona (16-17-18-19 of July) —> To Paris.

From Paris (20-21-22-23-24 of July) —> To London. 

From London (25-26-27-28 of July) —> To Amsterdam.

From Amsterdam (29-30-31-1-2-3-4) —> To Madrid.

We are traveling by train to each city and I can’t book reservations online. The page keeps telling me that I need to make seat reservations physically at each train station, but I’m worried that, once there, I won’t be able to get any because there won’t be any more seats available. How can I get sure that I’m going to have a seat? Is there an alternative option to make a reservation besides going to the train station presently? 

I’ll wait for your answer. 

Thanks,

Sofía.

icon

Best answer by Sofía Saravia 27 June 2022, 23:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Mad->Bcn has fast AVE trenes by RENFE ev hour-and REServ can in fact only be done at a counter of RENFE-have to show pass and valid travelday. If you can avoid peak hrs and be a bit flexible, you will find space. There are also 2 newer low-cost competitors-these do not accept passes, AVLO and OuiGo. Note that Mad was extremely sahara-hot the last summers, so anyone who could escaped that city.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is information about reservations of domestic Spanish trains. You need to do that in Spain.

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18419#post18419

Hi, thank you for replying so fast. I’ve looked at the guide carefully but I still cannot find a solution to make seat reservations for the train that goes from Madrid to Barcelona.  

This are my travel details:

• Departure date: 07-15-2022
  • Departure time: 9:30 am
  • Arrival time: 12:37 am
  • Route: Madrid- Puerta de Atocha to Barcelona- Sants.

Thank you, 

Sofía.

AnnaB wrote:

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Eurostar beween mainland Europe and the UK only have a limited number of pass holder seats and during high season most departures sell out weeks and sometimes months in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.