Solved

Can't find train in planner that I booked a reservation for.

• 4 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi!

A while ago I made reservations for the Nightjet to Basel (train NJ 403).

I want to activate my mobile pass and ‘compose’ my trip in the app. The only train I see (for same departure, arrival etc) is IC60403. It's the same train but I suppose for the seats instead of couchette?

Can I use this train number in the app and if I am checked is it ok if I have a Nightjet/couchette reservation myself while there is an IC train in the app planning?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 August 2022, 16:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If it’s the same train that isn’t a problem. You have your reservation, and a valid ticket. That’s all you need to roll.

You can also add the train manually. You just set the departure and arrival dates, and the train number. Then you’re equally as good to go!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IC are 3 seats cars-that do not as such even need to be RES-but very advisable in hi-season.

The much more expensive couchette/sleepers are run as NJ.

Note that next morning these trains are nearly always late-often more as 1hr-though this one (I used it myself a week or 2 ago) seems less probe to it, as it does not split/combine with others during the night.

IN side DE=germany there is still rule to wear medicinal masks.

Hi!

A while ago I made reservations for the Nightjet to Basel (train NJ 403).

I want to activate my mobile pass and ‘compose’ my trip in the app. The only train I see (for same departure, arrival etc) is IC60403. It's the same train but I suppose for the seats instead of couchette?

Can I use this train number in the app and if I am checked is it ok if I have a Nightjet/couchette reservation myself while there is an IC train in the app planning?

Hello! Please accept my apology for the late response.

I would recommend checking our online reservation service timetable and check the options available.
Please be kindly reminded that you need to be logged in and have selected your created trip and travellers to use the reservations self service system. 

https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations

Furthermore, please be kindly reminded that the Pass and seat reservations are independent and, as such, reservations will not show in the app. You will receive them by email or by post-depending on the type of reservation offered- and you will need to show the Pass and the seat reservations during controls.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Annie