Solved

Fine Tune my trip

• 14 December 2023
  • 27 replies

Show first post

27 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks. I’ll pursue the other suggestions as soon as I get time, but can you clarify what you mean by “Massy - Paris sees frequent RER B trains. Eurail not valid.” In a recent question it was suggested I go to Massy or Orly, instead of Paris. Should I drop the car off at Orly instead?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

A few things :)

Between Florence and Monterosso you're paying a lot to save a few min (+ extra change). Take this itinerary instead :

- RE Firenze S.M.N - Pisa Centrale 07:28 - 08:28

- IC Pisa Centrale - Monterosso 08:57 - 10:31 3€

IC trains timetables have not been yet added to planners (only Trenitalia). Check back closer to travel date.

Shorter option available : departure 10:28, arrival 12:53. Also possible to stop for an hour or two in Pisa if you'd like to see the leaning tower.

Don't expect to take the 10:23 train out of Brig. The EC from Milan will probably be delayed by 15-20 min. Take the 11:23 train. For example to a supermarket next to the station to get things for lunch.

I believe the Bernina Express leaves at 08:28 and not 06:28.

Timetables for regional trains around Venice have not been published. The journey to Pordenone takes an hour and not 6 !

The TGV between Zurich and Dijon has a 39€ reservation fee in 1st class. Could lower it to 10€ by taking a regional train across the border to Mulhouse and the TGV from there.

Massy - Paris sees frequent RER B trains. Eurail not valid.