Skip to main content
Solved

Hard copy of interrail tickets

• 5 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m feeling a little neurotic at the thought of everything about my trip being on my smartphone and not having a hard copy backup.  (It did not help that there was an item on the news today about phone thefts!)

I really don’t expect to use the pages below but I can’t see why they should not be acceptable as an alternative to scanning my phone in a worst case scenario.  (Obviously as this is an open forum I have redacted all personal information.  However I hope it is clear what I have done.)  Basically I have produced on three pages everything that is to be found on the ticket of a given day.  At the start of each new page I have shown some information which is specific to the ticket from the previous page.

Clearly I appreciate that this is for a particular set of trains planned for before setting off on my travels.  However I am only travelling for seven days and I know precisely which trains I plan to catch.

Am I deluding myself to think that I’ve got myself a back up system here??

Peter

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A hard copy of the QRcode is not a valid ticket. As you travel with a mobile pass you must show the QR code live in the Railplanner-app. There is a time stamp counting on the ticket so you can't show a screenshot either.

Badge

Thank you.  I assumed my plan would not work, but i thought it was worth asking!

Peter