Solved

Help needed with NJ402 (Zurich - Amsterdam)

• 28 May 2023
  • 2 replies

On 1st July, I will be travelling from Zurich to Amsterdam! I have already made my sleeper reservations on NJ402 thru OBB, which shows it's a direct train.

Later, I went to Eurail to book the train, however, there comes the confusion. In Eurail, the train with number NJ402 shows that I need to transfer to another train in Utrecht (IC 3022). If I select this, the train journey will be counted as 2 days, instead of one. 

There is another option for a direct train, which weirdly departs on the same time. The number of that train is IC 60402. 

Now, I am very confused which option should I select. Is IC 60402 and NJ402 the same train? I don't want to waste 2 days on a single train journey, where in reality, it is supposed to be a direct train.

Help will be much appreciated 👍

icon

Best answer by Angelo 28 May 2023, 16:23

View original

2 replies

Hi, 

IC 60402 and NJ402 are for ticket fares not the same train (IC only seats and reservation optional and NJ only couchette and sleeper cars - compulsory reservations), but they run together all the trip from Zürich to Amsterdam. I would use the IC, or wait if the NJ will be added to the app soon. 

Keep in mind that if a train is missing, you can add it manually to the app. 

If I add the ticket manually, will it still generate a QR code for scanning? I don't know how manual tickets work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, 

IC 60402 and NJ402 are for ticket fares not the same train (IC only seats and reservation optional and NJ only couchette and sleeper cars - compulsory reservations), but they run together all the trip from Zürich to Amsterdam. I would use the IC, or wait if the NJ will be added to the app soon. 

Keep in mind that if a train is missing, you can add it manually to the app.