Solved

Help needed with NJ402 (Zurich - Amsterdam)

• 28 May 2023
  • 2 replies

On 1st July, I will be travelling from Zurich to Amsterdam! I have already made my sleeper reservations on NJ402 thru OBB, which shows it's a direct train.

Later, I went to Eurail to book the train, however, there comes the confusion. In Eurail, the train with number NJ402 shows that I need to transfer to another train in Utrecht (IC 3022). If I select this, the train journey will be counted as 2 days, instead of one. 

There is another option for a direct train, which weirdly departs on the same time. The number of that train is IC 60402. 

Now, I am very confused which option should I select. Is IC 60402 and NJ402 the same train? I don't want to waste 2 days on a single train journey, where in reality, it is supposed to be a direct train.

Help will be much appreciated 👍

icon

Best answer by Angelo 28 May 2023, 16:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, 

IC 60402 and NJ402 are for ticket fares not the same train (IC only seats and reservation optional and NJ only couchette and sleeper cars - compulsory reservations), but they run together all the trip from Zürich to Amsterdam. I would use the IC, or wait if the NJ will be added to the app soon. 

Keep in mind that if a train is missing, you can add it manually to the app. 

Hi, 

IC 60402 and NJ402 are for ticket fares not the same train (IC only seats and reservation optional and NJ only couchette and sleeper cars - compulsory reservations), but they run together all the trip from Zürich to Amsterdam. I would use the IC, or wait if the NJ will be added to the app soon. 

Keep in mind that if a train is missing, you can add it manually to the app. 

If I add the ticket manually, will it still generate a QR code for scanning? I don't know how manual tickets work.